Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pellet conversion completed!

Go down 
+3
patdbunny
flappinhappy
idlepirate
7 posters
AuthorMessage
idlepirate
Lovebird
idlepirate

My Birds : Lorenzo - Blue Throat Conure

Pellet conversion completed! Empty
PostSubject: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Pellet conversion completed! 932634153 Pellet conversion completed! 2154879677 Pellet conversion completed! 800892966 Pellet conversion completed! 3508084831 Pellet conversion completed! 2382822526 Pellet conversion completed! 3374893218 Pellet conversion completed! 1580932618 Pellet conversion completed! 397733214
enough smilies to signify my delight?lol

Well yes it took about 6 months but little lorenzo now recognizes and craves HARRISONS.
Yes the most expensive and boring but it has the best formula...so they say.
So healthy diet it is, along with his fresh fruit/veggies and in between some seeds and munchies.

Orginally I bought Harrisons and he didnt want to look at them. refused to eat them.
Then I started offering them to him as treats with training. he actually took them and would eat them.
When offered as a meal he refused them again.
I looked into other brands of pellets since harrisons is well known to be bland and boring to birds. In the Uk there is a brand called OPTIBIRD. everyone i spoke to in the uk said their parrots were on that and loving it. sounded great. almost the same price as harrisons but thought to try it since it was crumple technology and all and it was fruity flavoured, different sizes etc. the ones that arrived for conures were a little big so when offered as a meal or treat, lorenzo would liturally just drop them to the ground. I thought they smelled amazing, Id have eaten them myself haha. plus they had little whiteseeds mixed in. really great food, i could see why other birds go nuts for it. but yea lorenzo didnt want to know of it.
eventually gave it to my friends at the petstore to their african gray. went back to seeds Rolling Eyes
some time passed and I decided to give it another go. this time i bought the optibird in a smaller size, though maybe they are more edible being the same size are harrisons. another 10£ spent and same story he wasnt interested. inbetween i still had some harrisons left and would sneak one or 2 as treats.
for the life of me i couldnt get him to eat anything but his seed mix.
Pellet conversion completed! 2643855592 Pellet conversion completed! 2643855592 Pellet conversion completed! 2643855592 Pellet conversion completed! 2643855592
I didn't want to spend more money again on more pellets so was on the verge of giving up when i tried mixing the optibird with the harrisons and low and behold...the little bugger started picking out the harrisons, left everything else but was actually eating them as a meal.this was one of the mornings he was left in his cage a little bit longer so i guess he got really hungry.
throughout the day there would be less and less in the bowl.he actually started to recognize it as food. ended up giving him harrisons straight and he now eats them no problem! he'll happily look forward to dinner even if they do look boring and tasteless.
can't get over it. i think he just wanted to make me waste my money and time when all along he did actually like harrisons. from one day to the next he just started eating them hehehe. ordered a fresh pack now that i know what i can buy.

ok enough of my delight, i just wanted to get that out Pellet conversion completed! 3508084831now I feel better.

but seriously this and the aviator harness are/were my biggests obsticles with parrot ownership. still need to conquer the harness now...
Pellet conversion completed! 1468329303
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bluethroatconure?feature=mhee
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:42 pm

I know just how great it feels to get a bird to give up an all seed diet for "health food" sort of feels like you got just what you wished for cheers Pellet conversion completed! 800892966 Pellet conversion completed! 397733214 Pellet conversion completed! 2154879677
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 pm

yahoo yahoo
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Good for Lorenzo's health! yahoo
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:44 pm

way to go Jess flappinhappy
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:19 pm

Pellet conversion completed! 4014162036 Pellet conversion completed! 2154879677Good for you, and Lorenzo!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Pellet conversion completed! 0dcb3a53Pellet conversion completed! 9f946527Pellet conversion completed! Aaee5c10Pellet conversion completed! 872e4c1c
Pellet conversion completed! 8589c390Pellet conversion completed! High5
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pellet conversion completed!   Pellet conversion completed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pellet conversion completed!
Page 1 of 1