Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

for the picky eaters and pellet haters..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  Empty
PostSubject: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:33 pm

my bird loves peanuts, and other kinds of nuts and he does like his veggies. well the parrot store up my street just got in pellets that look like peanuts taste like peanuts but are pellets with all the vitamins and nutrition they need! i thought this was a good idea because he forages for peanuts and now i can trick him with something much healthier!!!! im so excited about this i got both kinds lol xD i handed him one of the peanut ones and i said what i usually do (i go want a peanut in a high pitch voice) then he took it and did his little squeek of approval and ate the whole thing! i put a few in his bowl and a few veggie ones in there to! i just thought id tell you guys about my new discovery lol for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  4014162036
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:37 pm

What kind of pellets are these?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:47 pm

i forgot to look confused ill look next time i go! which will be soon cuz ill be getting mikko xD
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:50 pm

Is that the new zupreen pellets ? they have them at the feed store but only in the 25ilb bags,
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:54 pm

its zupreem its new its in the first few items under bird food i cant post a link sorry xD
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:02 am

Zupreem NutBlend?
http://www.zupreem.com/our-food/birds/nutblend%E2%84%A2-flavor-premium-daily-bird-food

Nice.

In general my birds have really like the Zupreem products I've tried. Both the fruit blend and I just bought the "natural" and they're both well liked. Mine like the Pretty Bird products too.
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:15 am

yah patdbunny! you guys should try it! martys loving it and i buy it in bulk when i try something new in case they dont like it. Capt the store i go to has their own website and you can buy in bulk off of there page they should be putting it up soon they just got it in today.

the website is called: parrotville

cant put the actual link to the food page cuz im a new member lol
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 pm

http://www.mysafebirdstore.com/cart.cgi?group=537&child=5430

this place also sells in bulk by the pound idk whos price is better but heres the link Smile
Back to top Go down
wyspur
Parrotlet
wyspur

My Birds : 7 parakeets, 6 tiels, and two crazy Caiques
wyspurcreations is a sanctuary for small birds with special needs.

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 2:17 pm

for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 8:55 pm

http://www.mysafebirdstore.com/cart.cgi?group=537&child=5430

this place also sells in bulk by the pound idk whos price is better but heres the link Smile

Kathie is GREAT and offers free shipping on orders over $100.00 + she sends extras for the fiddies too ;o)

Back to top Go down
http://www.wyspurcreations.com
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:19 pm

yah i came acrossed her site and was looking at stuff on it everything on there is really cool and she seems nice shes gotten so many good reviews from people on other forums!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 3:32 pm

I got the ZuPreem Nutblend to try with Scotty. He eats them, but he's not super-enthusiastic, and he's a nut-fanatic. I think they smell kind of like Hazelnut coffee. They only come in a large pellet size.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey Coral i do buy in bulk,25 lb bags ,zon food only last 2-3 wks ,depending on how much other stuff they get with it. 25 lb bags of tiel food last a little longer. at a pound or two of pellets a day price is an issue.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 9:09 pm

henpecked wrote:
Hey Coral i do buy in bulk,25 lb bags ,zon food only last 2-3 wks ,depending on how much other stuff they get with it. 5 lb bags of tiel food last a little longer. at a pound or two of pellets a day price is an issue.
Capt - I had previously forwarded you a "specials" email from PetCo. Seriously, those deals can be fantastic. I just bought 80 pounds of Zupreem natural parrot size for right around $125 delivered. I've never found pellets cheaper. I'm happy when I can get it for about $2 pound. If you know of a better price, I'd love to hear!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:45 am

i'll check around and see if i can find it again
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:17 am

It must be hard feeding so many parrots o.o
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:55 pm

I think it's easier than kids, LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for the picky eaters and pellet haters..    for the picky eaters and pellet haters..  Empty

Back to top Go down

for the picky eaters and pellet haters..
Page 1 of 1