Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?

Go down 
+2
hannahbird
VickiNumbers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? Empty
PostSubject: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Did any of you know that the sound of your favorite bird chewing up one of your favorite pictures of your daughter when she was three sounds JUST LIKE the sound of your favorite bird sitting contentedly and grinding her beak?

Yeah. It does. Only, the results are quite different. In both cases you end up with a contented happy bird; only in the second instance, instead of having a 5x7 of your smiling toddler, you have a rough-edged 3x5 and a very unhappy mommy.

Is there anyone out there who can give me a reason why I shouldn't pluck said bird? And *please*, do not tell me that birds chew, and birds destroy, and blah blah blah blah.... I know all that. And tomorrow I'll cut off the edges, put new tape on it, and put it up where she wont be able to access it. Right now, I'm irritated, having a bad day, and need to vent to people who like birds and get where I'm coming from. (As opposed to my husband who would take this as one more example of why we should not have any animal in the house besides humans... preferably ADULT humans over the age of 32.)

***Sigh***

So. Someone... talk me out of committing conureicide.
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:22 pm

You could go chew on one of his favorite things and see how he likes it!

Just kidding! Im sorry you are having a bad day Hug2
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 pm

excuse the pun but that bites!...sorry you are having a bad day...hugs

dusty
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:07 pm

You should not commit conureicide because it would be even messier than the photo debris and he'd probably come back to haunt you -- can you imagine a conuregeist?

No negative or file for this print? If you have any others the bird could possibly get to that you can't reprint, I'd suggest putting them under glass or removing them from reach. Of course, I caught Scooter in my desktop file munching away a couple of days ago. I THOUGHT he was working on the notepad I've designated as a "bird toy" but I wasn't looking closely enough. Fortunately nothing important got more than slightly pinked.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 10:18 pm

dusty wrote:
excuse the pun but that bites!
Hannabird wrote:
...chew on one of his favorite things and see how he likes it!
*giggle*
I was really hoping people would say things to make me laugh. Smile Humor is really a much better response for me than anything else when I get like this. My hubs can be really good at it, when he wants to be. When he doesn't, he just makes everything worse!

Update:

ScoterNScotty wrote:
You should not commit conureicide because it would be even messier than the photo debris and he'd probably come back to haunt you -- can you imagine a conuregeist?
OMG! That had me laughing out loud!

The under-glass thing is a good idea, but the picture has been tucked-in to the edge of my mirror (successive mirrors and 4-5 moves), for 16 years. That picture kind-of belongs there, ya know? Anyway, I've decided to just tape it along all of the edges and move it away from the mirror frame. JJ can't get ahold of it if she can't reach it, and if the edges are taped down, she'll have to work a LOT harder to get it up. That'll make it a far less desirable I think.

Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 2:57 pm

vicki 5280
You guys are hilarious.

Take it from my personal experience - choking quickly turns into a game so it doesn't work.
Our old goffin, the monkey bird, would, I SWEAR, KNOWINGLY destroy things to perturb me. She'd see me look at her, she'd raise her crest and scream at about the same time I'd scream, "SALLY!!!!!". She'd jump as I reached out and grabbed her by the neck and choked her.

I'm just kidding. I didn't really "choke" her, it's hard to kill $1,000. But it unfortunately turned into this little game with her - she'd destroy things, I'd "choke" her, she pretended like she was dying (she obviously wasn't in true fear or she would have bitten me), then she'd hang in my hand and make kissy noises at me which was too cute so I'd start kissing her in between choking her.

Stoopid birds.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:20 pm

if marty destroys something he'll look at me and do his evil cackle.. evil little green chicken Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:24 pm

J. just looked at me like, "WHAAAAAT? Was that something you WANTED?"

I gave her my "bad-bird" look, and she cocked her head down and under, then looked at me sidewise out of one eye (in that cute little greencheek kinda look), and assumed all was forgiven.

The twit.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?   Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Shouldn't I Kill My Favorite Bird?
Page 1 of 1