Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!

Go down 
+5
ScooterNScotty
RogerP
dusty
patdbunny
coral
9 posters
AuthorMessage
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! Empty
PostSubject: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 007

Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 006

Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 005

Isnt she beautiful?! shes in her cage being very quiet.. shes pretty stressed cuz she just went to the vet before she came home with me. They said she seems good and her poop was watery from stress but overall in good health besides her skin! showers were the recomendation to fix that first and if plucking continues then we'll go from there.. it broke my heart to see her say good bye to her mommy.. i could see that my friends mother loves her very much, but just couldnt provide the proper care for her any longer. im glad shes with me but i think mikko will miss her mommy for a while. i know shell be better off with me though and thats the best thing i can do for her. shes gonna get a lot of love when she settles in! more pictures to come guys and ill keep you updated! Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 2154879677
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:32 pm

Dude, you scored. The way you described her I thought she was naked. She's not a bad plucker at all.

Congrats and have fun with her.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 4:20 pm

she was worse before! i think shes been getting better! thanks ill keep you guys updated! so far marty is intrested in her but doesnt really care
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:08 pm

not as bad as i thought, you got a deal...she is a beautiful bird...i take my grey into the shower with me...she asks for showers verbally...i know you will enjoy her and she will enjoy you...glad you got her

dusty
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 5:28 pm

I gladly pass the new bird title to Mikko. PdB is right you totally scored! She is quite pretty and seems in pretty good shape overall. Good on you for rescuing her!
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:00 pm

Thank! shes not adjusting at all like marty did honestly im kind of worried her poop is so runny it comes out like water, i know the vet said it was from stress but it just scares me.. im so worried i havnt seen her eat or drink yet. is there anything i can do to help her adjust? she let me scratch her head and she talks to me a little but when i come close she gets a little shakey Sad
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:11 pm

my grey's poop was runny when i got her...don't be alarmed...it lasted about a month for her on and off...keep talking to her and make her feel welcomed

dusty
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:19 pm

i left her cage door open incase she feels like coming out but shes been on the same perch the entire time.. okay ill keep an eye on the poop.. do you think she'll eat or drink soon? ive tried giving her peanuts, sunflower seeds, cheerios but she just throws them :/ she has lots of food in her bowl and plenty of fresh water but she hasnt touched it
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Just keep an eye on the poop. If she's pooping regularly, even if it's runny, she's eating. If it goes dark and tarry, then it means she's not eating and you'll have to call the vet and see if she needs to be tube fed (doubt it will come to this). Keep her quiet as possible. That's all.
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:51 pm

While I was cleaning my room I was singing to her quietly and she perked up and started talking and wanting to be pet Smile
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:06 pm

I think just give her time and a quiet environment. The singing seeems to have been a good thing! She looks great!

Watery poop is something to check up on if it suddenly appears, but it's not inherently a bad thing. Scooter's poop is ALWAYS very wet, but he's had all the diagnostics, and he eats a ton of fresh food, so it's basically because he's taking in a lot of water from his food.

Are you feeding Mikko what she's used to getting? Does she have a water dish? She doesn't sound like someone who'd go on a hunger strike to me, but I wouldn't make any changes in her food and water routine until you're sure she's comfortable and eating well in her new home.

It took Scotty several months to fully settle in here. He was OK and interactive before that, but now he's raucous and messy and opinionated. So it may be quite a while before she's totally acclimated, and that's OK.

You definitely scored!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:23 pm

cheers SCOOORE!

You're one lucky bird mom, and Mikko is one lucky bird! She's gorgeous! Not at all what I expected when you said she was plucking!

As for runny poos, as usual, I agree with everyone else who says to give it time. I'm sure she'll settle in and be just fine. JJ's poos go from runny to sticky, depending on how much of what she's been eating.

The fact that she perked up with your singing is a good sign! Yay that! Enjoy your new baby, you're going to have SOOOO much fun with her!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:55 pm

She has her seed mix and water both full and she has some stuff from her old cage to! Smile and thanks guys she was a lot worse when I first met her. And ill keep an eye on her ) thanks for making me less worried about the poo thing lol
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:46 pm

Congrats Coral, she;ll come around before long with all the attention your giving her.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:33 pm

She is so cute! Congratulations Coral!
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:32 am

Thanks guys! and im kinda worried she hasnt moved off her perch at all do you think shell explore the cage and go to her water and food soon? confused
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:29 am

Arthur stayed on his perch for almost a full day when I got him, and barely moved to eat or drink sparingly. Even now when he is again scared and pissed at me, he will come down to eat and drink (though if I approach he goes back up to his perch away from me).

Give Mikko some time to acclimatize, she will eat when she is hungry enough.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Greys just do that when they're nervous, even if they're otherwise well socialized. My grey didn't really move from a 1 ft sq. area when I put her into a 6' aviary and she was not a nervous bird.

Remember, they can also feel the nervous energy you're projecting. They don't know you're nervous because you're concerned about them. They just feel your energy, but they don't know why you're nervous, so it probably makes her feel more uncertain and nervous. So it might help if you tone down your worrying and she'll probably feel your relaxed energy and come around quicker. I know easier said than done. Maybe now's a good time to pick up yoga.
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:38 pm

well i took out a lot of the unfamiliar items out of her cage and shes been moving around a lot more i left in her 2 old perches and toys then some more perches and shes been using them and only stay on one side of the cage. i saw her get something out of her food dish when she thought i was sleeping so shes not on a hunger strike lol Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 2154879677
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:59 pm

i got her to come out of her cage she sitting on the top looking at a toy i made her! Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 932634153 Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 2154879677 Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! 4014162036
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:15 pm

okay im im just gonna use this thread to start updating you guys on mikkos progress (if anyone is intrested lol)

okay so today i got her to come out of the cage, a few hours later she let me pick her up and she sat on my shoulder for a minute or so. i think this is good progress for a day! shes such a sweet heart she doesnt bite me just hold my finger between her beak! im so proud at what a good bird she is for what shes been through! she started eating a little bit and shes been talking to me and i just talk back and sing and she seems to enjoy it. she preens a lot though does that mean shes plucking?
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:05 am

Congratulations!

Give her a few days and she should settle into some sort of routine, and hopefully have less runny poop.

Wahoo to new fids!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!   Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry Zaza and Roger but... Mikko is now the newest bird in paradise!
Page 1 of 1