Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a day at work...

Go down 
+2
dusty
VickiNumbers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Just a day at work... Empty
PostSubject: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Just a day at work... 637f7e29

Just a day at work... B1950d37

Just a day at work... 8020ce72

Just a day at work... 0aafd97e

Just a day at work... 7c706ef0

Just a day at work... 68d101a1

Smile more later! Need to get back to work.
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 pm

i want it ...i want it...i want it...wow what a beautiful bird

dusty
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:45 pm

looks like you've got a new friend.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Dusty, I know! Isn't he BEAUTIFUL?!!? His name is Caesar and he and his girlfriend just came in for grooming today. When they walked in the door I almost fell out of my chair.

Capt, Apparently Caesar is a friend to EVERYONE. He's the quintessential Hyacinth - a truly gentle giant, just a lovely bird.

Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:57 pm

I have a soft spot for Hyacinths.... although I think I'd be a little afraid of having that beak right next to my ear! He's just beautiful, lucky you!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:18 pm

You're lucky I wasn't there. I'd of punched you in the face and ran away with him.

But seriously, YOU'RE SO LUCKY
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Baby Senegal No NameJust a day at work... 3c96dcb1

Scooter the Caique - I woke her up from a nap. Sad Just a day at work... Ecf2e81c-1

The coolest, beautiful Amazon of some kind. His owners moved to Germany and asked if he could live at the store for the rest of his life. So he is. Just a day at work... 246748c3

Beautiful baby Catalina, don't remember his/her name. Just a day at work... 35cbe7e0

I believe this is Pandora. She's a Scarlet... with the attitude of Pandora. Just a day at work... Cedd0afc

This is baby Rio. He's the first baby Jen "hatched and raised" herself. He's a love, and his new daddy loves him SOOOO much!Just a day at work... 397908c7
Rio Just a day at work... Faeb2298

Armond. He's a butt-head, but he stepped up for me today! Just a day at work... 77a04e90

Ring-Neck CockJust a day at work... C4593613

Ring-Neck Hen - They make beautiful babies together!Just a day at work... 0e8f2d05

Kiwi and Napoleon - Kiwi is a Conure hybrid, dont remember which cross, and Napoleon is a green Macaw. I don't remember which kind.... It's a kind I think is, um, not so very pretty... but he is the sweetest baby in the whole Macaw world. I LOVE him! I just wish it were a better picture of them.Just a day at work... B9b78cbc

Allie and a baby budgie and lovie.Just a day at work... E0f86365
Just a day at work... 64fa56d2

More chicklets Smile Just a day at work... 18675686
Just a day at work... Fc2cf813

Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:43 pm

love the pics....thanks

dusty
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
I have a soft spot for Hyacinths.... although I think I'd be a little afraid of having that beak right next to my ear! He's just beautiful, lucky you!
I WAS afraid! It's hard to see it but in one of the pictures he's actually giving me a kiss. Let me tell you, that beak is HUGE. I mean, seriously HUGE HUGE HUGE!!! Scary huge. But he was so gentle, it was quite amazing.

zazanomore wrote:
You're lucky I wasn't there. I'd of punched you in the face and ran away with him.
But seriously, YOU'RE SO LUCKY
I totally felt lucky!! There was another lady there who had just bought her first budgie... it's only a few weeks old, and she comes in every day to see it and hold it for a couple of hours. She had me hold her budgie so SHE could hold Caesar. It was crazy... her little bird could have been half a bite for the one she was holding. The budgie was smaller than the Macaw's lower mandible. The owners said that every time they come in they have people holding the birds and taking pictures with him. He's probably been in as many photo-shoots as some film stars - no exaggeration. The guy said 1000's of people over the years so far. It's insane.
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:56 pm

I remember the first time I held Piaui (Jeanne's hyacinth) on my first night at the rescue and Bryan whispered in my ear "not many people get to do that, count yourself lucky" and said it was like having a love for Ferrari's and not being able to own one, but being able to sit in it. I agree. They are a wonderful, sweet, gentle giant and they are so loving. Of course, there's Whoopie the psycho. Jeanne's other....bird. Its a hyacinth hybrid (why anyone would want to do that, I don't know) but Whoopie is very twitchy, quick to attack and not very friendly. I've only held her on occassion. She's beautiful but I KNOW she would take off my fingers if she had the chance.

Welcome to the Hy club! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:38 am

Vikki wrote:
I remember the first time I held Piaui (Jeanne's hyacinth) on my first night at the rescue and Bryan whispered in my ear "not many people get to do that, count yourself lucky" and said it was like having a love for Ferrari's and not being able to own one, but being able to sit in it. I agree.

Welcome to the Hy club! Smile
That's a totally apt description. It was a kind of wondrous experience... I never really expected to even SEE one in real life... much less get to HOLD it. I believed if i ever saw one it would be in a zoo or a rescue or someplace where I toured and the guide pointed and said, "There's our crown jewel... the King of the Parrot Kingdom..(big bass drumroll) The Hyacinth!" (The curtain is pulled back and the collection plate is passed.)

But nope! They just stroll into the store on a Saturday afternoon, just as big as you please. Very nice folks, nice birds... hung around the store for, oh... probably over an hour... shopping and passing their bird around.

And as a result, I'm a member of the Hy club! WooHooo!
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:36 am

Piaui is also the one we pull out when people come to adopt and go on and on about how senegals are such huge birds. LOL. One thing I love is when we get true parrot lovers and people who admire the birds as a species and we bring Piaui out and lay him in their lap like a baby (because he loves to lay there and let you tickle his belly) and people are just brought to tears. I cried the first time I held him too. I totally attribute it to something akin of being able to hold a unicorn. And I always count myself lucky to do it.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:37 am

Vikki wrote:
Piaui is also the one we pull out when people come to adopt and go on and on about how senegals are such huge birds. LOL. One thing I love is when we get true parrot lovers and people who admire the birds as a species and we bring Piaui out and lay him in their lap like a baby (because he loves to lay there and let you tickle his belly) and people are just brought to tears. I cried the first time I held him too. I totally attribute it to something akin of being able to hold a unicorn. And I always count myself lucky to do it.

LOL holding a unicorn
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:03 am

With that beak, its not to far off Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a day at work...   Just a day at work... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a day at work...
Page 1 of 1