Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.

Go down 
+4
patdbunny
Vikki
ScooterNScotty
Margaret
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. Empty
PostSubject: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 pm

Before you get judgey, realize they are going to a GREAT place. A friend (of a friend) has a teenage handicapped/disabled son. He keeps lovebirds and budiges. They are quite well off and have large indoor aviaries for the two flocks. Kokomo and Aruba aren't getting as much time out of the cage as I would like them to have, as they STAY in trouble when let out. They fly over to Sparrow's cage and pick on him and they beeline for Toog's cage which is BAD news. Sparrow and Toogs can be let out and they stay put. The lovebirds? Not at all. I feel like it is the best choice for them. They will have a HUGE home/cageless life from now on. He is the most wonderful pet owner I know, and his parrots are his life. Years ago when I had a budgie pair and one died, I let him have the other. I know what a good home they are going to.

We are sad, we adore these little winged poots. They fill our house with sweet chatter and have charming little personalities. Kokomo is a real free spirit. Their safety comes first though.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Julsie, sometimes you do what you have to do, not what you want to.
What's most important, that they will be in a good hands!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:17 pm

I wish them the best in their new home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 pm

I feel pretty crummy. I had to find a better situation for Juniper (although I still own her, she is mine) and now the lovebirds. I lost Sushi this past week. Blah. Juniper was sold to me as a pet when it is CLEAR she was a dumped breeder. The lovebirds were delightful, just no longer safe to have around. What a weird year it has been for my flock. For years it was the same, and this year it has changed a lot. So, for those of you keeping count that leaves me with my sweet Sparrow and Toogie Bells. No more for me until Juniper has a healthy clutch and I will take a male from it.
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:31 pm

We see this a lot at the rescue and we never judge. I would rather the birds had a happy, carefree life with someone who has the time for them than for you to continue to feel like a bad parent and make them miserable in the process. They will be fine and you can visit them too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:59 pm

^I don't think I was making them miserable, and it isn't a time issue. Well, somewhat. I have two kids, 5 college classes, and work 3/4 days a week. I don't feel they were getting as much time out as the other (well behaved) parrots. Toogie is easy as pie and Sparrow is cling and go. I literally have to SIT and BABYSIT and chase the lovebirds the whole time they are out. I don't think it was fun for anyone, but I don't think anyone was miserable. I wasn't a bad home, I just knew they could provide better. I wasn't going to let them go to just anyone. Honestly, it was them or they would have stayed here.
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:05 pm

No, not saying you were a bad home at all. Just that I know you said you didn't have time to let them out and stuff. I'm sure this upset you and birds know when you are upset... hence the miserable part. Sometimes I feel the same. I feel like I spend more time on the rescue birds than with my own and when I feel guilty I know they sense it and it upsets them. Who knows, maybe down the road when things calm down you can get them back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:11 pm

Unless they become well behaved and stop picking on other birds, they won't be back. They bully Sparrow and can't be trusted around Toogie. The issue is them staying put when let out on the play area allotted. Sparrow and Toogs stay where they are put and entertain themselves. THAT is the issue. I can't go about my business while the lovebirds are out the way I can with the others. I guess I am feeling very sensitive and misunderstood. It isn't that I don't have time, I guess I don't feel I have the right kind of time. I hope someone out there reads this and understands.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Hey, I think we're being supportive and you are feeling bad so you are reading something else into what we are typing. I think it is great that you have this good opportunity for them. I've sold horses that didn't work out for me, and I didn't even h ave the luxury of knowing it was a good, forever home. Sometimes things don't work out. When the home they are going to is a good one, there is no reason to feel guilty!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Sometimes it comes down to you don't/no longer have that *SPARK* with the bird and it's in the bird's best interest to find it a new home. That's even if you're taking outstanding care of the animal. It's still great to find it a new home that's going to really enjoy it. Sounds like that's what you've done. Nothing to feel guilty about.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 am

All you can do is make the best choices for your family, feathered and otherwise. Some are harder than others. At least you know they are going to a good home where they will happy. Know that we are here for you and will support the decisions you make. You're right, it's been a tough year for you, but hopefully things will be better going forward.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:42 pm

I don't think you need to worry about being understood, there's more understanding than you know. Hug
I have the same feeling sometimes.... I feel like I keep getting birds, then not being able to keep them for one reason or another... I feel like a heel! Bucky just went to his new home early last week (where he's very happy, by the way - just saw him again yesterday!). I got Ella a couple of weeks ago, against the advice of my friends here, then as it turns out, they were right. (Damn it!) Now I don't have Ella anymore.

It's just Allie and Caesar - and Caesar isn't going to be a permanent resident - that's already been determined. So Allie is really my only bird right now.

From where I've been to where I am - I KNOW how you feel. But the decisions we've made are one's that haven't been easy, but they've been necessary (or forced on us). We just keep on keepin' on doing the best we can. That's all we can do.

That's the beauty of Paradise - Less judgement, more understanding. Smile It's hard to get used to paradise when you've grown so accustomed to #ell sometimes though, huh?
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Bucky's gone? Did I miss a thread on that? Sad
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:14 am

GlassOnion wrote:
Bucky's gone? Did I miss a thread on that? Sad

Last I heard he was going to Julsie, because he can't stay in Colorado legally. Where did he end up going?
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:17 am

Buck-a-roo has gone to be Jenn's son's bird. They are BOTH thrilled with the arrangement. The little guy has 5 birds now, but says that Bucky is his favorite. Jen even texted me a picture ... Apparently Bucky and his boy sleep together -> Buck nestles down in the crook between is shoulder and neck and stays there until anyone comes close. Kind of like his own little guard bird! Haha!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Is Jenn Julsie ._.?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 7:15 pm

LOL No. Buckster is staying local to Vic and her daughter, it is a good fit for his new home. I am sad, I had been makign toys for him and was excited to have him BUT I repsect Vic's choice for her kids and fids! It sounds like a great fit where he is now!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:20 pm

zazanomore wrote:
Is Jenn Julsie ._.?

I WISH!! Wouldn't that be cool to have one of my Paradise friends local to me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.   Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kokomo and Aruba go to a new home today.
Page 1 of 1