Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bird stores are dangerous places!

Go down 
+6
moa
VickiNumbers
GlassOnion
Margaret
henpecked
ScooterNScotty
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Bird stores are dangerous places! Empty
PostSubject: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:25 pm

I met a very cute peach-fronted conure today. She said "Hello" to me clear as a bell, a very soft but clear voice for a small bird. And a hyacinth macaw and a grey made the goo-goo eyes at me. A very young blue-and-gold macaw, not yet completely weaned, insisted I scritch his neck. And two young pineapple GCCs looked like Butch and Sundance about to get into trouble. I did manage to leave without any new feathered friends, but somehow some toys found their way into the basket along with the Poop-off I went for!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:55 pm

That's why Josie an i can't go to the Bird Fairs/expos.Last time it was a 2.ooo$ golden conure.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:10 pm

I have forbidden excess to CraigsList by my boyfriend. Guess why Razz

And about stores, ehm, Chico came that way. I was thinking that time: Cockatiel or Linnie? I left that store with Chico, cage, toys and all the equipment! ( Not, that I ever regret that decision)

And, ehm, next Saturday is a bird fair I want to go. To make sure I won't bring nothing alive, I'll take my bf with me Wink
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:02 am

That little peach front was seriously cute! Very pretty bird, and much smaller than most of the Aratingas. I didn't dare ask the price. I love this store because almost every time I'm in there, there is some bird for me to ask what it is, or to confirm it's what I think. They seem to do a good job socializing the birds, too. They have freestanding java tree stands and the birds start coming out on quiet days about the time they start to wean. I often see them being hand fed. None ever seem stressed either. It's a bit of a risk allowing contact with customers, but I've also come really close to walking out with somebody because of it. The little female Timneh that kept jumping from the stand onto my husband was a very near thing.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:12 am

I do understand, what you feel right now. Chico came exactly from that kind of store...

I think, that all the birds there(specially peach front) was trying to send you message:

peach cutie wrote:
Deb,
Close your eyes, don't think about future, think about present. Put all your concerns and fears far away, and TAKE ME HOME WITH YOU NOW!
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:28 am

LOL Margaret, that was hilarious!!!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:05 am

GlassOnion wrote:
LOL Margaret, that was hilarious!!!

vicki 5280

Good thing I'm out of town a few days!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:28 am

I love peach conures. They are sooo very cute!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:40 am

Seriously? Y'all are telling ME how dangerous bird stores are?
vicki 5280 Roz Julsiebean Laughing

Edit: That WAS funny Margaret!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:34 pm

I think your husband needs a bird (excuse for bringing home the peach front or other tempting parrot) but seriously bird stores are so tempting! luckily it's mostly the birds boarding there at my local bird store that steal my heart and make me wish I could add just *one* more bird. there was a gorgeous gold capped conure that was just begging for attention and could mimic speech and whistles remarkebly well... she was a show stopper for sure.
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm

Margaret, that was hilarious!

And yes, bird stores are horrid. I almost came home with a lesser sulphur 'too baby because the sweetheart was out on a stand and caught me in a half hour long cuddle-fest, and I'm not sure what kind of 'to caught me at another store. It jumped on my head. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:57 pm

You shoulda brought it home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:06 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
You shoulda brought it home Very Happy
Who shoulda brought what home? You've gotta be specific when all of us have been in bird store predicaments Razz
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 4:03 pm

I used to work WITH the parrots...The ones who really stand out that I seriously thought about taking home were Golem the Black Lory (he followed me around like a puppy dog and had so much life) & Regan the Military Macaw (I raised her from 3 weeks of age).

Wah! How different life would be had I taken one of the ones who REALLY pulled at my heart strings.

I did cry many tears throughout the years when my favourites went to their hopefully-forever homes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:37 pm

Another chapter in dangerous bird stores...

So, today we were on our way to Pacific Sales to look into getting a new cooktop for the new house. I COOK and the previous owner had completely cheaped out with what has to be the worst gas cooktop ever. Bill won't even let me boil water on it! But I digress.

On the way there we saw a storefront -- "The Bird Bungalow". So we had to check it out on the way back. It's an OK bird store, they do sell T.O.P. pellets and what looks like some good quallity nuts. The problem? A huge corner cage with a 'too in it. Turns out he's up for adoption -- hates women, likes men. Went to the store for boarding over Thanksgiving, owners never returned, none of the phone numbers any longer in service... $700 or $1000 with the cage. Good thing we don't have room....

Anyone in So Cal looking for a 'too? Lesser Sulpher Crested I think. Store is in Canyon Country.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Oh, my heart is melting for the cockatoo. But I'm sure my roomies wouldn't appreciate that..
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyFri May 25, 2012 11:52 pm

Awww, a lesser sulphur 'too!
But no... no way I could handle a 'too, especially right now. I hope s/he finds a good home though.
Back to top Go down
JodyL
Budgerigar

My Birds : Sayde AKA Bella= gcc

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:57 pm

I admire all of you for your multi birdie households. I have always been a one bird girl. Pinot had enough personality to keep me happy. Sayde is sweet-but so shy and quiet. I think someday, she will get a friend.... How do you give enough attention to multiple birds? Don't they get jealous?

I go into that bird store every week since I am close by. They had 3 Linnies, which fortuneately got scooped up before I made up my mind.

Jody
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 4:31 pm

They do get jealous!

And attention? From my birds one is spoiled and constantly needs attention: Chico, the other (Lucky) one only wants attention of his Master(my bf), Mickey(second cockatiel) only needs attention of first cockatiel and budgies prefer to be left alone with a lot of fresh food,water and toys Very Happy

BTW:
Good that store with those Linnies isn't close to me Wink Just kidding, but I love Linnies.
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:28 am

So sad that someone would just abandon him - but at least he was abandoned to a store.

Sulpher Cresteds are sweeties *sigh*
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird stores are dangerous places!   Bird stores are dangerous places! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bird stores are dangerous places!
Page 1 of 1