Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

i want updates!!!

Go down 
+5
patdbunny
Margaret
RogerP
henpecked
coral
9 posters
AuthorMessage
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 6:52 pm

vikki# hows baby birdy? i cant remember her name im sorry lol Embarassed and ceasar and sam?
roger how is arthur?
and everyone else any news with your flocks??
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Hey Coral, MsJakiepoo is being hormonal, sex,sex,sex, that's all she has on her mind.If i ignore her ,she goes to Josie, and begs,begs,begs,,,shameless hussie.It's amazon hormone time around here.How's your flock?
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:42 am

Nothing really new to report on Arthur, I don't seem to be making any progress with him. He will come out of the cage, and will step up onto my arm, but won't let me scratch him at all, still snaps at me if I move too fast for him. He plays on his own just fine, just does not seem to want to interact at all. I have to admit, after 5 months, I am getting very frustrated at the lack of progress. Sorry to be a downer.
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:35 pm

lol i was in flordia a earlier this week and i was thinking about your flock capt! i wanted to come see you guys but i doubt my dad would have let me and how long do the hormones usually last lol?

I know its hard with arthur cuz marty was the same way and the progress is slow going but if you look at where you were when you first got him youll see thats a lot of progress! around 10 months is when marty decided he liked me lol dont give up! just let him go at his own pace i know thats hard to do but its easier that way so that you guys dont take steps backwards, cuz i kept doing that with marty and it was awful. dont worry itll get better i promise!!!!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Orlando is about 2 hrs ,next time call and plan on coming down for the day.Maybe take dad fishing,and the girls can chill with the flock.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 3:47 am

Budgies:

Blueberra and Plum act like they have a honeymoon, everyday I add more toys hoping that they won't make me grandparrot.
Mango is still looking for a small size friend. He stays close to Lucky, but he is overwhelmed (I guess) by his size and I have to do something about that, to make sure Mango won't go more crazy(He is weird enough).

Cockatiels:

Chico is like a dog following me everywhere, eats and shower with me. She is jealous about Mickey like a hell! Mickey is growing and she is so funny to watch. She likes to be around us, but doesn't like to be touched. As soon as Chico disappears from her view, there I have: Wee, Wee, WEE, WEEEEEE! I swear if I could translate that for human language it will be:
Mickey Weeewed wrote:
Chico, where are you, Chico, CHico, CHIIIIICO WHERE ARE YOU?
Besides, she makes so funny noises, when she is frustrated with toys, that we're laughing each time. Toys are her. She kicks even Lucky, when she likes one!

Amazon:

Lucky was born for my boyfriend. Every day he let him do more and more. He is soooo patient, when he's cleaning himself, that you can watch him for hours. I'm not existing. Well, maybe in the morning, to feed him, afternoon and then I'm his fear. As long as I don't touch him, he acts fair: no aggression, sometimes he even sings that love song for me:"Tiu, tiu, tiu, tiu, tiu, tiu". He plays me like violin, he knows what to do, to get peanut from me.

The same bird, when my bf is coming is changing to the most innocent and cute bird in the world. When my bf is present, I can scratch Lucky's head and he pretends likes it, as long as his Master is close to him, Lucky feels secure!
I love that bird more and more!

So far all advices and all what Josie and Richard was saying about 'zons is 100% true. They are street smart, they need to be watched but kinda ignored to the point they need to beg for love. At least my(bf's) Lucky is like that.
When my bf is taking a nap Saturday, Lucky is sitting so quiet on him like a mouse. Like he is afraid to be far from his Master. And Master loves him(the one, who didn't want to have big bird LOL)

And that's all folks!
Now with a pleasure I would read someone else story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 11:16 pm

id love to come visit the flock! Smile ill ask next year if i can since ill be 18 by then! my dad would probably want to come though cuz hes kinda over protective, if thats okay Smile

margret your flock sounds like a lot of fun lol! mikko is the same way as long as im around she lets people touch her if im gone she gets scared and bites. do all the different size birds at your house get along well together?
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:12 pm

I don't see any problem Coral! You're welcome! There is always space here for bird lover + Ohio is not that far Very Happy

And yes, they do go along together.
Mango(budgie) sleeps close to Lucky(Amazon).
When Mango is too loud(he is loud, believe me, but since he was literally taken from vino house...), Lucky is telling him somehow to get lost, because he want to sleep.

Mickey started coming to Chico during night(not opposite).
They actually eat/drink from the same dishes. Only snacks for small ones and Lucky are different(some of them).

And to make completely update, we're not sure about Mickey. Watching "her" lately and listen to "her" vocalizations "she" may be as well HE yahoo
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:35 pm

Here's an update -
I'm DONE with global warming. The weather's been nuts! About two weeks ago we had a freak snow storm which put off some of my pairs on eggs so I took in some eggs. They're starting to hatch this week so I'm going to be sleep deprived for at least the next two weeks.

Two days ago - weather was BEAUTIFUL! Easily into the high 70's (F). Today - we're supposed to have another storm! WTH!!!

Oh - and I have a "mystery egg" in my incubator. Found a lone egg on the floor of my indoor aviary. Much to my surprise it started developing. Waiting to see if it's a bourke or a dove. That will be an adventure.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:07 pm

LOL Freak snow storm? Don't even get me started Razz
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Well, my updates are pretty boring. Allie is still doing the same'ole same'ole. The only difference is that now she wants to be a budgie. She LOVES hanging out in the budgie room. She climbs on their cages - up and down, up and down. I think her favorite pastime is to find ways to scavenge seed, she's getting pretty good at it too. She's figured out that when the birds slide their trays out an inch or so, there's usually some seed in them, so she goes and sticks her nose in there and roots around till she finds some. She'll also crawl around on the floor to find some there, and she TRIES to stick her nose through the bars into their food dishes but her nose isn't quite long enough to reach. She hasn't quite figured out that she can lift up the bars to get to the food.... I hope she doesn't figure that out for a long long time! LOL!

Aside from that, she's a gem. I was telling my hubs the other day how much I love her. She's not JJ, not at all - she's totally different. Sometimes I find myself wishing they had just a tiny bit more in common, but it doesn't change how I feel about her. One thing I should throw out there is that I have absolutely NO regrets about getting Allie so soon after I lost JJ. If I had it to do all over again, I'd do the exact same thing exactly the same way. It may not be what works for everyone, but its what worked for me.

Caesar is doing well too. We finally made it official and paid her "adoption" fee. She's here for the long haul. Hubs keeps asking me questions about her, trying to understand why she picked him, wondering if her affection for him is typical, normal, etc., in general just trying to get a handle on her little birdie brain. I keep telling him that there's really no explanation - it is what it is. Maybe it's because he fed her red peppers after I let her out of the kennel right after I brought her home, maybe they were married in a previous life, maybe if he kisses her she'll turn into a princess! I don't know! All I know is that she LOVES him. She's starting to like me a little bit - she doesn't run when I walk by anymore, and when I reach out she'll fluff so i can scritch her neck for half a second. It's only taken three months to make that progress between us, so maybe within the next 10 years we'll be friends! LOL! She's feathering in very nicely - or was before she started a molt. Now she's growing feathers and dropping them. It's a bit of a mess around here.

Sam is ... well ... Sam. Things were going great, then they went downhill. I've been super busy lately so I've not been able to work with him the way I want to and need to. So he's just been my big budgie. Smile We talk while I'm cooking and whistle back and forth through the house, but we haven't spent the time together that we want to. Despite that - he's still my Sam and I love him.

Peanut is gone. Sad I'm very sad, but happy at the same time. A little girl at the store had bought one of the neatest budgies and had just taken him home a couple of weeks ago. I'll spare you the traumatic story, but all who know me KNOW I wouldn't give up my wee little Peanut for just anyone, and I didn't. This little girl is a very special girl with a very special family. I have no doubt whatsoever that my little Peanut will be well loved by her new people. She'll be staying at the store until she's weaned so her new family can come in and see her every day and get to know her as well as I do. Smile Their grief was so raw and so familiar it brought back the feelings I had when JJ died. I remember those feelings so vividly, and how desperately I wanted to fill that empty place in my heart. If there was anything I could do to help this little girl and her family, I wanted to be able to do it. So you see why I'm happy? This is another part of why I want to raise birds, so I can make people smile. So I can "pay it forward" somehow...

Anyway, that's about it for my updates. I hope it helps somehow. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:23 am

vicki you have a great big lovable heart, i am proud to call you friend

dusty
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:56 am

I wanted to say something but I couldn't top Dustys comment.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:59 am

ScooterNScotty wrote:
I wanted to say something but I couldn't top Dustys comment.

wow thats the first time i left you speechless Deb....lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

i want updates!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: i want updates!!!    i want updates!!!  Empty

Back to top Go down

i want updates!!!
Page 1 of 1