Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!

Go down 
+5
Pretty_Poe
RogerP
crystalsbirdtoys
ScooterNScotty
kelly.jensen726
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kelly.jensen726
Budgerigar

New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! Empty
PostSubject: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:50 am

Hi ya'll! My name is Kelly Amerson. I have a bunch in my flock. I have my husband, and my 17 year old son. I also have a family of 3 that is staying with us on a temporary basis, although I am not sure how long that "temporary" situation will be. They became homeless and even though we are struggling, we could not say no. My fids include a 2 year old Quaker named Cracker. He is a rescue that we saved in April of this year. When he came to us he was scared, uneasy about people and would bite anyone that got near him. I first started working with him by using a towel to get him off his cage and would bring him into the bedroom where it was quiet and just the two of us. He slowly started wanting the human interaction. I won't go into all the long details but as of today, he is the sweetest little bipolar bird I have ever been owned by! I am able to give and receive kisses, if I am on the phone he will put his mouth by mine and phone and say "Hey Cracker, Whatcha doing", "Yep", "ok", and make kissy noises to whomever I am talking to. I can give him scritches, pull his wax build up off new feathers, and he will fly to me when told to "Come here", he will land on my and say "come here" and c'mon c'mon. He used to bite the heck out of my hubby and in the last month, that has stopped and he will talk to hubby and fly on him. Hubby still can't give him kisses, or scritches, but in time I think he will be able to. My son wants nothing to do with him and is terrified of Cracker...those two don't see eye to eye and probably never will. We also have a 7 month old Alexandrian name Buddy, but I call him Monkey because he climbs all over everything and is so curious. In December we will be adding a Westie puppy to the flock. I am sure when the puppy gets here and the boys get used to her we will have a million laughs and her and the boys play together...with strict supervision of course! I am looking forward to getting to meet ya'll and read all the new ideas and advice and laugh at all the silly parrot stuff that we all deal with on a daily basis!
Attachments
New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! AttachmentMy Boys July 2012.jpg
My Boys: Cracker (Quaker) and Buddy (Alexandrian)
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(54 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:48 am

Welcome!!! Can't wait to hear more and see pictures!
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 am

Welcome to the forum!

Your little ones are adorable Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 3:04 pm

I should have said MORE pictures!
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:15 am

Welcome to Paradise, Kelly and family! We love to have new people here to swap stories and ideas!

And as SnS said, we love pictures!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Pretty_Poe
Sun Conure
Pretty_Poe

My Birds : Poe - Yellow Sided GCC
Doppler - Pearl Whiteface Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:55 pm

New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! 2120589027
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Hey! It's great to have you! I think we're the best-kept, not-a-secret, secret around and we're super glad you found us!

We're looking forward to your stories and can't wait to start sharing more of our own!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
BratBirds
Parrotlet
BratBirds

My Birds : Timneh African Grey-Peanut
Sun Conure-Skittles
Tiel-Mariah

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Welcome. Nice little flock. Looking forward to getting to know you. one Kelly to another.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 4:37 pm

Hey and welcome to the forum. Did any one mention we like pictures ??? Hope to see you around and glad you found us.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:09 pm

welcome to the forum...you came to the right place...lots of good advice and friendly people...did anyone mention we like pictures...lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!   New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock! Empty

Back to top Go down

New addition saying HI and introducing myself and my flock!
Page 1 of 1