Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Seagull Tale...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

A Seagull Tale... Empty
PostSubject: A Seagull Tale...   A Seagull Tale... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 6:04 pm

Yesterday I had the day off, and me and a couple friends decided to head downtown to do some shopping. 

As we park the vehicle, I notice this big grey bird running in and out of traffic. I tell the other girls that I'm going after it. When I approach it I notice that it was a baby seagull. It was big enough to run around, yet it didn't have it's adult feathers in - mostly just the downy feathers. 

I catch him and bring him over to safety, where he can't get hit by a car. Some homeless people tell us they watched him fall out of his nest, and we could see where the nest was on top of the building. 

Lots of people came up to me and took pictures. I let the bird down, and he stuck around me. I called animal services - not knowing what else to do. I had to wait there with him for two hours before anyone showed up. 

The man told me they would check to see if there was any room in the rehabilitation center for him (they already had a couple of baby gulls). If there isn't any room, they will be forced to put him down. That kind of upsets me, but what could I do? Leave him there to be hit by a car or starve to death? 

A Seagull Tale... JJpwLmB
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

A Seagull Tale... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Seagull Tale...   A Seagull Tale... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 10:43 pm

You did the right thing.  The only other option would be to try to rehabilitate him yourself which is fraught with problems...
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

A Seagull Tale... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Seagull Tale...   A Seagull Tale... EmptyTue Jul 16, 2013 11:45 pm

Bringing a seagull into the home wouldn't exactly of worked...with the other 5, plus the seagull is so huge. 

I couldn't think of anything else to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Seagull Tale... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Seagull Tale...   A Seagull Tale... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Seagull Tale...
Page 1 of 1