Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I went to a bird themed store today :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

I went to a bird themed store today :) Empty
PostSubject: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Critter Jungle.

It's my second time in there, and the first time I was only in for a few seconds.

Anyways, I called in, and they sold roudybush, so I went and bought 100$ worth.

They had the sweetest Scarlet Macaw, Lulu. I went up to her, and started whistling to her. She was all happy and bobbing her head. Then she went right up to the bars, as close as she could to be, and yelled at the top of her lungs "HELLO". It was the sweetest thing. If I could of, I would of shoved her into my purse and taken her home Very Happy

There was also a male cockatiel, strutting his little tail feathers at me. He sung and sung, it was so cute. When I walked away, he started contact calling for me.

All in all, it was a great day. flappinhappy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:06 pm

I love going to our bird store, I always leave in love with someone though. Right now they have a rescued male Eclectus named Jellybean- he is my honey!

Is that Einstien in your avatar? He is a beautiful boy!!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:19 pm

i was going to say somwthing about how good einstien looked.Man o man ,i have some girls that would go crazy over him.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptySun May 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Quote :
I went to a bird themed store today Smile
I always come back from my favorite bird store fulfilled with a positive energy. Good you have one around!
Quote :
i was going to say somwthing about how good einstien looked.Man o man ,i have some girls that would go crazy over him.
Chico is in love with Einstein from the beginning Wink
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:02 am

He's my handsome little man Smile

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptyMon May 30, 2011 8:14 am

He is like, insanely beautiful. His coloring is incredible!
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:32 pm

I like Critter Jungle - we get their food from there, or from Pet Circus (the main worker there owns a LOT of parrots and always ends up talking with my Husband about our boys).

I do like their care of the few parrots they have and the wee ones are in generally clean enclosures with plenty of toys.

And yes, Einstein *is* handsome Very Happy As are all white faced tiels Wink *Stryder bump shoulders with Einstein*
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 6:21 pm

That is a great pic of Einstein!

Yeah, our favorite bird store has the store birds and the for sale birds out on java tree stands when the store is open. They have a Hyacinth Macaw that boards sometimes and stays out, too, and she's just magnificent! That's one bird that few of the looky-loos ever tries to handle, LOL. (They do require health and disease testing paperwork for any boarders or grooming clients, but I worry sometimes that the shoppers who have birds might not wash up properly -- on the other hand, I really enjoy being able to interact with the birds when I'm in there.)

I always leave wishing I could take somebody home with me. Cap'n West probably remembers the story about the African Grey that kept jumping onto my husband when we went in one afternoon, and last time it was a very young Senegal, which I'd never been particularly attracted to before but this one was very sweet. They usually have all kinds of GCCs and related conures and they are just a riot. They invariably find some way to run amok. Last time we were in there was a busy day, people everywhere, and we kept "rescuing" GCCs from the floor. Another time them were managing to jump over to the cage stack which had 'tiels and parrotlets. The shop owners actually seemed reasonably happy to have some help keeping a lid on the chaos, it was just nuts that afternoon. I think one of these days we will wind up going home with another bird if we aren't careful...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I went to a bird themed store today :)   I went to a bird themed store today :) Empty

Back to top Go down

I went to a bird themed store today :)
Page 1 of 1