Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm a bad boy

Go down 
+10
flappinhappy
GlassOnion
patdbunny
zazanomore
VickiNumbers
ScooterNScotty
moa
atlanon
kaeladedah
henpecked
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

I'm a bad boy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:39 am

I got my PM ability taken away and all I did was tell him to go get laid. suspect
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:49 am

Hey Julsie, the only people that i know have been banned are breeders(Roz,Myself)I don't know why Roz was banned but knowing her ,i can well imagine . Crazy
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 am

henpecked wrote:
Hey Julsie, the only people that i know have been banned are breeders(Roz,Myself)I don't know why Roz was banned but knowing her ,i can well imagine . Crazy

I was banned as well.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 am

Was a reason given? Mine said he was tired of my spamin
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:03 am

henpecked wrote:
Was a reason given? Mine said he was tired of my spamin

Nope. I was just banned.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:06 pm

RogerP wrote:
Given the military-like vehemence with which he is patrolling that site, has anyone given any thought to fact that he may try something here in retaliation? I know, I am getting paranoid now too! screwloose But given his actions of late is it that big a stretch? I even hesitated posting this comment here at first, in case he might troll over here and read it. How sad is that? Every day I am more and more glad to be here in Paradise. Vive la Resistance! Lyzgrace

Who cares Roger? What can he do? Take away our birthdays? We post whatever we want here - we have the ability to form a lynch mob if he comes here causing any trouble!

Julsiebean wrote:
I got my PM ability taken away and all I did was tell him to go get laid. suspect
vicki 5280 I love you Julsie!

henpecked wrote:
Yeah, he said I was spamming. Why do you hate me so Capt? Sad
Julsiebean
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:21 pm

henpecked wrote:
Yeah, he said I was spamming. Why do you hate me so Capt? Sad
Julsiebean
Roz, If you lived any closer I would have to be worried... I love you I sure hope we all get to meet...I can't wait to meet you guys. Kaylayuh
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:43 pm

I feel like such a rebel. I'm an active member of BOTH forums Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:51 pm

zazanomore wrote:

Me, too. But my time is limited and more of it is spent here, now. I don't actually dislike the guy who runs "the other one" but he frustrates me, and I always want to influence him to be a little more flexible and play nicely with others.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Sorry Capt, I couldn't find your post on the other forum that you were referencing, and I just assumed (shouldn't do that). Still, that seems an extreme reaction to trying to help another forum member.

Roz, I assumed (there I go again!) that there was very little he could do, but I am a forum rookie (Paradise is only my second, you can likely guess my first) so I was not sure.

I find myself dropping in over there less and less, and its seems only to see what new thing he will say and do next (kind of like a train wreck, you don't want to look but you find yourself drawn to it). As S&S said, I don't necessarily dislike the guy, but I have found that after all this crap, I have lost all respect for him. He seems to be in this forum thing for the wrong reasons, to push his agenda and sell his stuff, not to try to help and inform/advise. This is the wrong reasons, IMO. He seems to place nice as long as you obey his rules and agree with him. If your viewpoint is different he does not play so nice and is even more inflexible than usual. It feels like you can't post anything there unless it is in agreement with his rules and regs.

Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:44 pm

Julsie - Julsiebean

This all makes me glad I joined Paradise and avoided "the place whose name shall not be spoken" while my mom was not-banned there. As it is, I now can't join there even if I wanted to because my mom and I have the same IP address, haha.

Oh well, everyone he bans is his loss. You guys are great. You defecators...
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 7:18 pm

I lost my PM privileges there after I post my comment next after Julsie. After that I never post there and have no intention to do it.
Like I said there: I closed that door.
Anybody who got banned or lost "some privileges" feels regret or blue? I don't.
You're a bad boy, Capt. Roz
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:49 pm

I'm one of those few who visit both. To be honest, I do respect a lot of his practices and what he achieved with his birds. I also respect you guys' views. Also, he has been very helpful to me when I need some pointers. I do have to say that his site is a wreck now, or at least it looks like it's on its way.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
I'm one of those few who visit both. To be honest, I do respect a lot of his practices and what he achieved with his birds. I also respect you guys' views. Also, he has been very helpful to me when I need some pointers. I do have to say that his site is a wreck now, or at least it looks like it's on its way.

I choose not to go there and don't take me wrong. It's individual choice. I'm not pushing anybody to do or not to do the same. I have no idea how he was before, but during the time I was registered user there, he offended people, not once, not twice sometimes even without any reason. Never saw any single apology. I don't like such a practice.

Second: when I came there I was fascinated what he achieved with his parrots. After time and careful reading, I was speechless of method being used for such a practice. I don't want to follow that- again- it's my private opinion.

Third, I have to quote myself, from what I wrote there:
part of my opinion there wrote:
Michael being owner of this forum should apologize all those people he offended. Instead? You all know what I personally think- he is glad that experienced people are walking away, because he wants to shy always. You guys prove him so many times he's wrong- publicly in his forum. So this is his immature and only one possible revenge, he is capable of Laughing
Eliminating all the experienced birds owners, was for his own good. Nobody gonna give a better advices that himself!

Forth, I agree with Scooter&Scotty, about financial profits. Google adds+a lot of links to his store are proving that. I don't care as much about his financial interest, as it would be done with respect for Users. How in the world you can make a money and don't respect your customers. You have to be nuts!

And on the end: none of part of this post is written to offend anybody or make people not to go there. This is only my opinion about *the other forum owner* practices.

Last edited by Margaret on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:27 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
zazanomore wrote:
Me, too. But my time is limited and more of it is spent here, now. I don't actually dislike the guy who runs "the other one" but he frustrates me, and I always want to influence him to be a little more flexible and play nicely with others.
I feel the same way SnS. I've been playing in both backyards, but this latest incident is causing me to reconsider. I'm about ready to pack up my toys and leave.
GlassOnion wrote:
GO, like you, I believe some of his offerings hold merit. While I don't agree with everything he says, I don't agree with everything my husband says either. And neither of us have even considered banning the other from the house for voicing our opinions. M. has helped me on occasion as well, and I honestly believe that he has birds' best interests at heart. My concern is that his business interests appear to be overruling his humane-ness (if that's even a word). By deleting my contact information for the young lady in the thread Capt was referring to, he might have deleted her chances at keeping her bird. She might have seen Capt's post, but if she doesn't check back, she may never see my post or the PM I sent her. In my opinion those actions are inexcusable. I understand the challenges of trying to run a business. I've attempted a start-up myself. It's HARD. But when there is a decision to be made between humanity and business, the choice one makes is very telling.

RogerP wrote:
Sorry Capt, I couldn't find your post on the other forum that you were referencing, and I just assumed (shouldn't do that). Still, that seems an extreme reaction to trying to help another forum member.

Capt's post was deleted from the thread very shortly after it was posted. Capt told me about the young lady via a PM on this site, and as soon as I rec'd his message I popped over there to check. His message had been deleted.

This whole situation has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. It's one thing when he's picking on members. It's almost like we're grown-ups and can take care of ourselves somehow. We'd been around the block with each other over there and had other resources. But this was someone who had joined specifically to ask for help, and when it was offered, he thoughtlessly deleted it. To me, that feels almost like picking on a child. Granted, this is an emotional reaction, but the whole thing is an emotional situation. He didn't just hurt one of "us" this time, now he's hurting strangers? The escalation in his reactions/behaviors are concerning to me. This is why I'm thinking it may be time for me to cut the cord.
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm

i am new here today and i am here to stay...i really like this site...i may still visit the other site but this will be the main one i come to...i have really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere here today...don't ban me i will be good i promise....lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 pm

dusty wrote:
don't ban me i will be good i promise....lol

Banning people is silly. I'm here to share information and learn how to best care for my birds, not run a police state where people can't feel free to post what they want.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Dusty, nobody gonna bun you and nobody gonna put any pressure on you Roz It's just discussion ...
Personally, I'm glad you joined us!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:07 pm

I never dissed him. I think he, himself, is a creep, but I never dissed him. It's just concerning that the forum owner is his own worst troll.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a bad boy   I'm a bad boy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a bad boy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: