Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aww Juniper and Sparrow!

Go down 
+4
GlassOnion
ScooterNScotty
patdbunny
henpecked
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Aww Juniper and Sparrow! Empty
PostSubject: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:40 am

I have long suspected Juniper used to be housed with a tiel. Or at least spent a great deal of time with one. She sings and warbles like a giant cockatiel. She also responds to them on youtube and when at the bird store she returns cockatiel contact calls.

Sparrow is always looking to play with either Kokomo or Juniper, but Kokomo runs him off and Juniper ignores him or snaps at him.

Today both were out to play on the table while we were eating breakfast and Juniper comes over and starts feeding Sparrow! I nearly fell out of my chair! Juniper is very much a queen and madam, so this was truly shocking in a few ways. Aww Juniper and Sparrow! 419367009 I can see the confusion in Sparrow's eyes but he goes with it. This leads to lots of preening, both just went to town preening each other. I mean, Juniper normally hates him let alone lower herself to PREEN him.

I spent a good 20 minutes with them just staring and awwwwing and LOLing at them. So are so freakin' adorable I can hardly stand it. They are now happily perched on a play gym cuddling and preening. Lots of beak grinding and sweet cheeps and gentle honks.

Did hell freeze over? Aww Juniper and Sparrow! 2277367267
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:50 am

It's nice when the kids can get along. coldtrance
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Aww Juniper and Sparrow! 3374893218 Awwwwwww!!!
Hell freezes over a lot when you have birds.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:02 pm

Must be global warming! So where are the pictures?????
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:46 pm

Pictures Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:43 pm

I have pics on my phone, but I can browse on my phone. Hmmm....wonder where I put my camera.... Aww Juniper and Sparrow! 419367009
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:50 pm

LOL! Funny you should post this just now... A couple of hours ago, I was trying to get vid of Posei trying to do the nasty with lil Jay! He was grabbing onto her tail and holding on tight while whe was running, it was pretty funny! She's been sending mixed signals though, the little flirt. She'll be preening on him and trying to feed him.... In every way saying, "come on big fella!" then when he does, she takes off. Rolling Eyes

I'm supervising their play pretty close though... Ever since I heard about that Galatiel, I've decided all bets are off! The last thing I need are Peachfaced Conures! (or would they be Greencheeked Lovebirds?) lol!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Well....there are peach front conures- I want one. Bad. Aww Juniper and Sparrow! 1335033401
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:08 pm

Aww how sweet! flappinhappy
Back to top Go down
InquisitiveCow
Budgerigar
InquisitiveCow

My Birds : Gracie (African Grey)
Larry and Rhonda (Senegals)

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:10 pm

Awwwws Aww Juniper and Sparrow! 3181567798
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:52 am

Julsiebean wrote:
Today both were out to play on the table while we were eating breakfast and Juniper comes over and starts feeding Sparrow! I nearly fell out of my chair! Juniper is very much a queen and madam, so this was truly shocking in a few ways.
Hey, congratulations! I love happy birds of different species together flappinhappy
Today Chico(female tiel) and Blueberra(female budgie) eat from one container and non of them didn't try to bully another one. I loved it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aww Juniper and Sparrow!   Aww Juniper and Sparrow! Empty

Back to top Go down

Aww Juniper and Sparrow!
Page 1 of 1