Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opinions needed!

Go down 
+2
henpecked
hannahbird
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:31 pm

http://www.cagesbydesign.com/p-446-suncatcher-five-foot-diameter-indoor-bird-aviary.aspx
I think I want to get this. Im going to call and ask how much the stainless steel one is. Do you know if this brand is good? scratch
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:38 pm

I noticed it doesnt come with feeders. Hmmm
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:01 pm

I haven't seen those before, is there a bottom? where are you going to put it? If it was outside on a concrete pad you could hose it out, I'd build one 4' tall,6' wide and 10' long and hang it from the ceiling ,if my macaw was flighted and if not then one half that size would work,you can buy alot of wire for the price of that cage, just my 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 pm

henpecked wrote:
I haven't seen those before, is there a bottom? where are you going to put it? If it was outside on a concrete pad you could hose it out, I'd build one 4' tall,6' wide and 10' long and hang it from the ceiling ,if my macaw was flighted and if not then one half that size would work,you can buy alot of wire for the price of that cage, just my 2 cents worth.
Yeah theres a bottom, at least on the one thats not stainless steel. And it would go in the bird room. I would build something but I have no idea how!
Back to top Go down

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Holy cow that is a of money!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah it is! But the stainless steel double macaw cage Im also thinking about it about the same price! So I thought why not go as big as possible
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I have heard good things about the company, and it sure looks nice to me. I'd love to have space for a couple of those with appropriate bar spacing. I think they do customization, so you might be able to have feeder doors put on. The cups themselves are no big deal to buy third-party, but if you want yourself or a sitter to be able to access the food and water without opening the door, that's a consideration.

Fitting paper into a octagonal bottom is also a consideration, square corners are easier in that respect.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 pm

Humongous is great. But when you move out of the house, are you taking the bird with you? If so, can you fit that thing into an apartment? Or do you want dad to foot the bill on a big, but manageable sized, cage that you can take with you when you move out?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:17 pm

patdbunny wrote:
Humongous is great. But when you move out of the house, are you taking the bird with you? If so, can you fit that thing into an apartment? Or do you want dad to foot the bill on a big, but manageable sized, cage that you can take with you when you move out?
Well Im going to be living with him for the next few years at least, because I am going to the college he teaches at or one close by. Then after that Im hopefully going to go to Moorpark CA. But I cant live with a macaw in an apartment. So hopefully I will be able to rent or something.. I dunno! And I might go with a double macaw cage instead. And somehow build an outdoor aviary later, a small one.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:38 pm

just from experience, that cage shape is a royal pain to put newspaper lining in like deb said. Otherwise I'd love a cage like that! so big which means a lot of room to get creative with perches and toys Very Happy
is this the other cage you were considering? http://www.mybirdcage.com/double_macaw_cage.html
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 pm

Yeah... if only they had a square one.
And nope it was this one : http://www.amazon.com/Double-Macaw-Cage-Surgical-Stainless/dp/B001ECF4DQ
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:51 pm

oh dang, stainless steel costs so much! I guess it'd last forever though and I like the design of those cages
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Yeah thats the reason I would get stainless steel. And me too! If only is wasnt so expensive Shocked
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 4:12 am

Hannabird, if you want my personal opinion, I wouldn't go for that big cage.
Part of arguments was given to you already, and I only add, what if you in the future(and it may be soon) change your mind and want to move cage to another room?
From my experience I know I did move my fids cages. Do you think your Ziggy's grande home will fit in every room?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions needed!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions needed!    Opinions needed!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions needed!
Page 1 of 1