Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pet Peeves

Go down 
+13
Margaret
moa
dusty
Nevermore
VickiNumbers
GlassOnion
evil chicken
flappinhappy
RogerP
ScooterNScotty
zazanomore
henpecked
patdbunny
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:09 pm

It's hotter than a witch's . . . here today. (What the heck does that mean? Why are witch's body parts hot?)

I keep a squirt bottle in the fridge and bathe birds with it on hot days like this. One of my pet peeves is people using a squirt bottle for discipline. I still squirt these birds with my fridge water, but it sucks that they don't enjoy it like they should.

What's your pet peeve?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:13 pm

I thought that witch's body parts were cold.Do you squirt them from above or are you at eye level? Maybe a better question is are you misting them or squirting them?What's ESL ?

Last edited by henpecked on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:14 pm

henpecked wrote:
I thought that witch's body parts were cold.
Whatever! I have no idea! ESL. . . Pet Peeves 259833051
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:21 pm

Texting.

Nothing gets me more angry than seeing groups of teens sitting around texting.

In high school, there would always be at least 5 people texting beneath their desks.

Then there's people who do it during movies, while they're driving, or even when they're in the washroom.

My parents bought me an iphone. I have never used it for texting or as a phone. Eventually they just took me off the plan.

I've said this before, but I hate my generation.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

zazanomore wrote:
Texting.

In high school, there would always be at least 5 people texting beneath their desks.

Then there's people who do it during movies, while they're driving, or even when they're in the washroom.

My parents bought me an iphone. I have never used it for texting or as a phone. Eventually they just took me off the plan.

Pet Peeves 1335033401
Another one of mine is e-mail. Don't get me wrong. I love communicating by e-mail. I hate when people CALL ME and say, "I have a question. I just e-mailed you. Did you get it." DUDE!! We're on the phone! Can't you just ask me ON THE PHONE?!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:36 pm

If you really must know what my pet peeve is , it's people who drive in the left lane,in their own little universe ,regardless of how many people are passing on the right or stacked up behind them.If there's 20 cars stacked up behind you , you might need to move over and let them by of course lots of them don't realize that there's other cars on the road or don't care.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:41 pm

henpecked wrote:
If you really must know what my pet peeve is , it's people who drive in the left lane,in their own little universe ,regardless of how many people are passing on the right or stacked up behind them.If there's 20 cars stacked up behind you , you might need to move over and let them by of course lots of them don't realize that there's other cars on the road or don't care.
YEAH! I KNOW RIGHT!

I'm misting them. Some of them see a squirt bottle in my hand and they scream and run. With these guys I stand as far away as I can and put in on as light of a mist as possible.

ESL - English as a Second Language.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Got-cha, ESL, your better than the cross word puzzle.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:48 pm

henpecked wrote:
I thought that witch's body parts were cold.Do you squirt them from above or are you at eye level?

I think it's highly inadvisable to squirt a witch's body body parts from any angle, but that's just me....

ESL -- English as a Second Language.

Richard, I think you and my husband have the same pet peeve.

Mine is people who leave shopping carts anywhere and everywhere in the parking lot. I always, ALWAYS take them to a cart drop or back to the front of the store. Two things made me even more cranky on this subject -- the first was that 5 years ago I parked my brand new car at Trader Joe's and it was assaulted by a runaway unattended grocery cart, which did $700 worth of damage. The second is that there is one parking lot where there is no cart drop and people insist on dumping their shopping carts in the rightside margin of the handicapped space. I used to moonlight/volunteer working with kids with disabilities and I can see what a pain it would be to try and maneuver a passenger's wheelchair around all those carts. What are people thinking?
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:50 pm

patdbunny wrote:

I'm misting them. Some of them see a squirt bottle in my hand and they scream and run. With these guys I stand as far away as I can and put in on as light of a mist as possible.

We have a perforated hose thingy on our back porch. I bet it would work great above aviary cages, you just turn on the outside tap and about a 12' long area gets misted.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 10:59 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
patdbunny wrote:

We have a perforated hose thingy on our back porch. I bet it would work great above aviary cages, you just turn on the outside tap and about a 12' long area gets misted.

I have misters up for all the outside birds. I just like to give them a cold boost on hot days w/ a cold water squirt bottle. And I hand mist the ones in the bird room.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:08 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:

Mine is people who leave shopping carts anywhere and everywhere in the parking lot. I always, ALWAYS take them to a cart drop or back to the front of the store. Two things made me even more cranky on this subject -- the first was that 5 years ago I parked my brand new car at Trader Joe's and it was assaulted by a runaway unattended grocery cart, which did $700 worth of damage. The second is that there is one parking lot where there is no cart drop and people insist on dumping their shopping carts in the rightside margin of the handicapped space. I used to moonlight/volunteer working with kids with disabilities and I can see what a pain it would be to try and maneuver a passenger's wheelchair around all those carts. What are people thinking?

They are thinking of themselves, what's best for me after that I don't care. That's my overall pet peeve, the selfishness that most people seem to demonstrate. It applies to the driving in the left lane, the shopping carts, and many other things. I am most perturbed with people that don't consider others when making a decision. It seems to be that "if it works for me who cares what happens to anyone else?" This is my biggest pet peeve.
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:32 pm

I know i read somewhere that there is a character limit on replies Pet Peeves 419367009
I just have too many to get me started.
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:47 pm

I agree with all the irritation with selfishness and inconsideration 100%! Where's common courtesy? I don't understand why the only person who matters is YOU ("you" meaning the selfish person, I'm not addressing any of you guys here on the forum)

My personal pet peeve - MonsterQuest and Finding Bigfoot and all those UFO/Monster/Ghost hunting shows. The ones where they go into a forest with cameras and microphones and the like, and get NOTHING. A twig snapping or something scratching outside a tent is not "proof"! It could be a raccoon, or a hiker with a cruel sense of humor! Those kinds of shows drive me INSANE. Almost literally. I will argue with the show, and yes I mean out loud! I purposefully change the channel or even turn the TV off if one of those shows is on, or else I get all wound up and end up telling the people on the screen that they're stupid. Because they are. Static is not a ghost's voice. And no, I did NOT "hear that", because there was nothing to hear!!

Heheh... See? Shows aren't even on and I'm ranting... Embarassed

(I don't believe in any of the "monsters" and things, and I hate the
shows, but I don't have any issues with anyone who does. I may look at
them a little strange, but to me it's not my place to say anything like
they're idiots (which I don't believe at all! No one's an idiot for
their beliefs as long as they don't ram them down anyone else's throat).
If they truly believe in things like Chupacabras that's their
business. It's just the shows that drive me bonkers...)
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:49 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Ooooooohhh. . . I'm that selfish self absorbed person who doesn't put the shopping cart in the shopping cart rack, among other self-absorbed selfish things.

Sorry. I'll change my evil ways.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:32 am

Is anyone religious here? I'm scared to reveal my peeve.... Halo
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 4:21 am

zazanomore wrote:
Texting.
hehehe... I'm not your generation, but technologically, I'm SO your generation. Please don't hate me.

henpecked wrote:

Umm... My husband is your pet peeve. Interestingly, YOU are HIS pet peeve! LOL! I gripe at him all the time about this too - He's figured out that about 97% of the time, the guy going fast is only going to beat him to the next stoplight (or slowdown in traffic, or whatever), and they'll both have to sit there and wait together. So hubs has decided that HE'S doing Mr. Speedy a favor by slowing him down and saving him gas. MY arguments include: 1) Who made you judge and jury of gas-tank morality?? 2) Road-rage? Anyone? 3) Are YOU going to pay for his hospital bill when his BP spikes and he strokes out? And what if it happens here on the road and causes a 5 car pile-up? Can you say, Guilt??? 3) I have others depending on my mood, but those are my main ones.

ScooterNScotty wrote:
henpecked wrote:
I thought that witch's body parts were cold.Do you squirt them from above or are you at eye level?

I think it's highly inadvisable to squirt a witch's body body parts from any angle, but that's just me....

ESL -- English as a Second Language.

YEP (my hubs ex is a witch - really. practicing. I wouldn't squirt her.)
YEP (ESL (check). My hubs is YOUR hubs pet peeve too. Sad)
and
YEP (Shopping carts. Check. I was in a cast/crutches/wheelchair for almost 6 months and had a placard. People are rude. And my temporary experience is nothing to what kids and elders deal with sometimes.)
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Now, ya want MY list? Here it is, Off the top of my head, in no particular order... And I hope I don't offend anyone!!

1. Eating/chewing with mouth open. Goes along with slurping food (soup, spaghetti, etc.)
2. Not saying Please and Thank You. (Especially in children!) (Especially Especially in MY children!!!)
3. Not allowing merging traffic to merge
4. People who decide they're better than the rest of the regular people who merged a half-mile back, and drive 55 mph in the empty lane and barge their way in at the last moment.
5. People who think their dog poops bread crumbs. They either 1. Leave it as a trail to find their way home 2. Think wild birds will eat it or 3. Think it'll dissolve in the next rain. Guess what! It doesn't dissolve any better in my yard than it does in YOURS people!!!
6. Men at the shooting range who look at me carrying my gun and my target out and 1) ask me where my dad/husband/boyfriend is, or 2) tell me to pass on their compliments. WTFE!
7. When the bathroom/kitchen counter is left wet and I walk in and reach to turn on the water and get the front of my shirt all wet.
8. People who don't tip the pizza delivery boy/newspaper delivery person/misc service provider. (If you have a question about if, who, or how much, ask me.)
9. When people (my son) don't wipe their feet off when coming in the house on a wet/snowy day.
10. When you're splitting the cost of the meal with someone at a restaurant and the other person doesn't include their part of the tax or tip.
11. When people don't bother to ask before just reaching out and petting your dog/cat/ferret/bunny/bird/guinea pig - whatever pet you happen to have with you.
12. Cold feet (literally)
13. People who wear too much cologne/perfume. (In their defense, I pretty much think that ANY is too much.) (Scented deodorant and aftershave are too much for me.)
14. Scratchy sheets and too small towels at hotels
15. When I cant make things work the way I KNOW they should!!!
16. When I can't get to SLEEP!

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:24 am

I hate repeating myself. Needless to say this does not work out well with motherhood. Put on your shoes please. What? Your shoes, put them on please. HUH? Put. On. Your. Shoes. Where are we going? PUT ON YOUR FREAKIN' SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil I swear my oldest doesn't even bother to listen the first time I say something and automatically asks what? Huh? Ma'am?

I have always worked in customer service. I hate people who don't tip when getting good service wasn't the issue. Those tips are what we work for, not the measly little hourly wage. I will never forget the kindness of some people working as a single mom who tipped extra when I was their barista. I dislike the entitlement of "I can't afford a tip but I deserve a night out" no you don't snowflake. Entitlement like that is probably why you are broke. Hit the dollar menu at SmackyDs and try again next time scooter!

I hate it when people use the word retard/retarded out of context likewise with the word gay(not as in, happy). "That is so retarded" or "I'm so gay for these new bbq chips" or "those pants are gay." I grew up with a very handicapped and severely mentally retarded aunt and always helped with the special olympics. You are not cool using those words like that, you are really just showing your giant, unclassy, hairy, unwashed ass to the world as far as I am concerned.

I also get seriously worked up over women who say "it's like I am a single mom!" because of the lack of help from a spouse OR a spouse that works a lot. No. It isn't. At all. As a single mom you don't have the option of a two income home OR being able to stay home with your kids while your partner works for the family. You don't have anyone who "gets" your kids like you do. You don't have someone to lay in bed with at night and giggle over those silly little moments or dream about with.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Cockatiel

My Birds : Captain Jack Parrot: Green-cheeked Conure

Cheeky/Sir Cheeks - Cockatiel

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 am

GlassOnion wrote:
Is anyone religious here? I'm scared to reveal my peeve.... Halo

I think I share yours as well. We may live longer if we keep quiet : P
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 am

I don't like the word retarded. Even when used in the "right context".
Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:05 am

^It isn't my favorite word, but used where it should be and with respect it shouldn't be a problem.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:08 am

In Canada, we don't use it. We use "mentally handicapped" or "mentally disabled".

Cultural differences I guess.
Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 10:11 am

^I wouldn't say that. A couple we are friends with are from Canada, and they use it. They have lived in the US a few years, maybe they picked it up here but they still are big offenders of using it.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Cockatiel

My Birds : Captain Jack Parrot: Green-cheeked Conure

Cheeky/Sir Cheeks - Cockatiel

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:47 am

Since I'm sitting here on my butt experiencing one of said pet peeves right now....

Waiting for a damn phone call! Don't'cha love it when someone says they'll call on a certain day. But not when. And you have things to do, but you don't want to miss the call?
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Nevermore wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
Is anyone religious here? I'm scared to reveal my peeve.... Pet Peeves 942449337

I think I share yours as well. We may live longer if we keep quiet : P
I'm not religious. I can understand if someone feels "offended".
BUT! I have had seriously religious people offend me -
A Catholic gentleman told me I was going to hell because of my disbelieving ways. . . I told him I didn't believe in hell so I wasn't going there. I told him HE was going to hell as he believed in it AND he's living life in a manner against his religious beliefs (he was having an affair, among other sins).

Put it out there. We're being good about not jumping on people!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet Peeves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Peeves   Pet Peeves Empty

Back to top Go down

Pet Peeves
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: