Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

harry potter 7 part 2!

Go down 
+4
atlanon
zazanomore
Margaret
moa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

harry potter 7 part 2! Empty
PostSubject: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:41 pm

anyone else geeky like me and dressing up to go to the midnight premier of the last movie? in a way it's symbolic of the end of my childhood (but who am I kidding, I'll never admit my childhood is "over") reading harry potter books was a large part of my life when I was a smallish. So in honor of this week my profile pic will be of dobby the house elf...
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Good to know! Sometimes I believe the best from us in our grown up life is how much "naive child" left inside of us...
When I saw your avatar, my first thought was: "O, new User!" Wink
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:45 pm

I won't be dressing up, nor will I go to the midnight premiere, BUT I am excited for it.

I've grown up with Hogwarts
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:12 pm

I'm going on Saturday! I won't be dressing up, partly because I don't have the money or time to put a costume together, and partly because I'm going with Nate's friends, and they'd probably think I was screwloose

I DID, however, go all out for the LOTR Return of the King premier... I went to the thrift store and got an elven looking dress, got a bunch of dark fabric and sewed myself a hooded cape, and bought the fake elf ears and even found a cheap plastic Arwen necklace online. Just to prove that I CAN be that nerdy Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:14 pm

PS...

moa wrote:
...(but who am I kidding, I'll never admit my childhood is "over")...
It never has to be!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:15 pm

I won't get to see it until next week- so excited!!!
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 1:59 am

LyzGrace wrote:
PS...

moa wrote:
It never has to be!!

My motto for life is "you're only young once but you can be immature forever" You don't have to end your childhood if you don't want to ! harry potter 7 part 2! 1270972548
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:23 am

RogerP wrote:
LyzGrace wrote:
PS...

moa wrote:
It never has to be!!

My motto for life is "you're only young once but you can be immature forever" You don't have to end your childhood if you don't want to ! harry potter 7 part 2! 1270972548
Says the man with the Calvin & Hobbes emoticon Roz Yes
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 2:07 pm

moa wrote:
anyone else geeky like me and dressing up to go to the midnight premier of the last movie? in a way it's symbolic of the end of my childhood (but who am I kidding, I'll never admit my childhood is "over") reading harry potter books was a large part of my life when I was a smallish. So in honor of this week my profile pic will be of dobby the house elf...

I may be old, but I still LOVE Harry Potter, so I will play along and change my profile picture to Ginny Weasley... In honor of all of the over-looked little sisters in the world! May you all find your Harry in the end!

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Exactly ! harry potter 7 part 2! 4280249731 Now pass the Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs cereal and stand back!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:34 pm

so excited for tonight! I'll be a complete lump tomorrow- I don't do too well with the whole lack of sleep thing
love that quote Roger RogerP It'll take a looong time for me to stop doing things like trick-or-treat (even if I have to steal other peoples kids to take along as an excuse...)
and viki#s I approve of your profile pic Thumbs-up Ginny is one of my favorites, you know after hedwig and buckbeak
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:12 am

moa wrote:
love that quote Roger harry potter 7 part 2! 820986233 It'll take a looong time for me to stop doing things like trick-or-treat (even if I have to steal other peoples kids to take along as an excuse...)

Hey when I was a kid we used to trick or treat at every house in the neighbourhood, then go home, change costumes and do it all over again! We used to have candy til Easter!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:17 pm

RogerP wrote:
moa wrote:
love that quote Roger harry potter 7 part 2! 820986233 It'll take a looong time for me to stop doing things like trick-or-treat (even if I have to steal other peoples kids to take along as an excuse...)

Hey when I was a kid we used to trick or treat at every house in the neighbourhood, then go home, change costumes and do it all over again! We used to have candy til Easter!
vicki 5280 that's genius! Why'd I never think of that??
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Sssoooo?? How was it!?! Don't give anything away, I'm going tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:51 pm

ignoring some minor discrepencies that are bound to happen I loved it! so much fun, I love the vibe of midnight showings and everybody had great costumes: a golden snitch, patronuses, hagrid... and I'm pretty sure I saw someone dressed as fluffy? anyways I'd say it's definetely worth seeing!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:27 pm

I don't want to pick up any spoilers so I haven't really read this, but I'm very much looking forward to seeing it. I haven't gone in costume to a first show of anything in a VERY long time, but I totally get it! If I did it now, I'd have to go as McGonnagal. Or Hagrid.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:43 pm

I totally went last night to a midnight showing!

Hubby and I went to a special showing with Part 1 at 8:30 and Part 2 at midnight! We did not dress up...but MAN was it fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: harry potter 7 part 2!   harry potter 7 part 2! Empty

Back to top Go down

harry potter 7 part 2!
Page 1 of 1