Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!

Go down 
+13
patdbunny
kaeladedah
crystalsbirdtoys
ScooterNScotty
RogerP
henpecked
moa
evil chicken
GlassOnion
zazanomore
atlanon
VickiNumbers
Margaret
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 pm

he's so small!! when I think 'zon I think big blue fronts and yellow napes. He's completely gorgeous too! You have no idea this is making me want a White fronted 'zon. They're the perfect size Smile
I'm so happy everything is working out so well!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Is it just me, or does that bird look smug?
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Happy Margaret took him out of that cage and talked to him.Get him to step up early in the morning and i'll bet you can rub his head.
Or bf can,LOL
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 pm

All of you think, that I have THAT HAIRY HANDS? Roz
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:38 pm

Margaret wrote:
All of you think, that I have THAT HAIRY HANDS? I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 3437489089

Nevermind the hairy hands. That skin tone is Mexican, not Polish.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 pm

moa wrote:
he's so small!! when I think 'zon I think big blue fronts and yellow napes. He's completely gorgeous too! You have no idea this is making me want a White fronted 'zon. They're the perfect size Smile
I'm so happy everything is working out so well!
He is small, but his beak isn't. Moa if you ever get 'zon, I will be more than happy for you!
I don't regret my decision even if I will be the second person in Lucky's life. There is no words to describe, how they are. Imagine my boyfriend's reaction, who didn't want a 'zon and bird showing him all love Very Happy It's impossible, to not love him back!
Now I'm working on Lucky, which for sure take me time, and meanwhile I'm saving money for another 'zon. Seriously! I would love the second one to prefer me, but if it won't happen, I will be still OK with that. I can't imagine how people can give up on such a bird such easy Sad
And now I understand Flappinhappy & Henpecked, that they gone 'zon crazy Wink
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:00 am

He's adorable Margaret! I saw a White Fronted Zon at the pet store yesterday, amazing looking birds! So relaxed campared to Merlin. The only problem for me is the $1100.00 CAD price tag. You were very lucky the day that Lucky came into your life! I am happy for you.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:21 pm

RogerP wrote:
He's adorable Margaret! I saw a White Fronted Zon at the pet store yesterday, amazing looking birds! So relaxed campared to Merlin. The only problem for me is the $1100.00 CAD price tag. You were very lucky the day that Lucky came into your life! I am happy for you.
Thanks Roger!
White Fronted are one of the cheapest, so how much would stand there YN? Shocked O, in the pet store here price would be from Mars too.
I'm not gonna tell you how much I really paid for Lucky, since I didn't take a cage. I don't want to torture you more.
And at that moment he flew to kitchen and is chewing the lamp I left there. Lamp supposed to go to trash anyway, so I let him finish it coldtrance
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Keeping in mind my very limited experience with zons - It's not so bad to be favorite person #2. My boss's DYH was almost as lovey w/ the wife. She could definitely interact with the bird and pet it. The bird just preferred the husband if both were in the room. It never attacked the wife or anything.

Apparently, with a zon you just have to suck up to it and "earn" it's favor - something I wasn't willing to do. Capt - how accurate is that? Sucking up to a zon to earn its favor?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:43 pm

My MILs (stolen from my husband) White-front/spectacled (he got all goey when I showed him your pictures, Margaret) was totally and completely HER bird. However, he would go to and be nice to almost anyone. He was never big on being petted, even with her, but he wanted to be everywhere she was. We are still sad he didn't get to be ours.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:51 am

ScooterNScotty wrote:
My MILs (stolen from my husband) White-front/spectacled (he got all goey when I showed him your pictures, Margaret) was totally and completely HER bird. However, he would go to and be nice to almost anyone. He was never big on being petted, even with her, but he wanted to be everywhere she was. We are still sad he didn't get to be ours.
Somehow I missed that story before. It had to be very frustrated to not be able to keep that bird. I'm sorry guys Sad

Day six. I came from work, open the cages, stay with you in Paradise and wanted to clean cages, apartment, something, to leave my place clean for weekend. Lucky fly to kitchen and eat a quoter of lamp, which is going to trash anyway. I accidentally close the door to birds room and didn't realize this. Chico was with me. Lucky tried to fly back...closed door. He flew back to kitchen, landed on floor and from there walk to me. I thought, "this is it", "that bird gonna kill me now" Wink and he saw Chico sitting on my shoulder and preening herself, so he step up without my asking on me and I watch TV with both of them for more than one hour.
As soon as my boyfriend walk in, Lucky immediately step up on him. But id doesn't matter. Amazon stayed with me and Chico on the other hand, poop, sing, make this grrr song and I found out, that he understand word:"kiss". And both fids made my day!

Guys, If I overdose with Lucky information, stop me, just let me know or PM me.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:19 am

Keep it coming Ma
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Overdosing on Lucky information? I don't think that'll happen. If you manage to do that, then the rest of us need to not overdose on info on OUR birdies, too! I don't think any of us can overdose on info and stories of our birds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 pm

O, then, update.
Lucky is a honey bird, but scared of me for some reason. So we take small steps. He let me take him on his favorite stick from his cage. Once he is on stick, I take him outside bird room and close the door there(first opportunity he escapes). I call for Chico and so, there is 3 of us.
Good thing: Lucky watches Chico behavior and followers her.
Bad thing: Lucky watches Chico behavior and followers her Wink She's molting and acts like a real queen!

Lucky can seet on my arm for a couple of hours under condition, we are on the couch watching TV with Chico. So far comp is no-no.
Lucky is a mature: I saw him masturbating on my chair. He felt like he did something wrong, but I didn't react.
The moment my boyfriend is coming, Lucky without any doubt is going to him. He trust him somehow. I managed to put my hand and say: " Hop-pa!" each time he is flying and need a space to land. Yes, he is landing on my hand without any problems. I can say he flyes better than Chico(but consider Chico's wings was clipped).
So far that's it for now, I'll upload some pictures later.
What's the explanation for his preferences: the previous owners(maybe women was too bitchy or something) or the fact that Lucky's parents or grandparents used to live in Mexico as my boyfriend Roz
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:44 pm

YAY!!! Sounds like you guys are doing great for the short amount of time you've had Lucky!
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Sounds to me like you are in the Zon-e with Lucky He sounds like a joy. Don't worry much that he goes to your BF if he comes to you then he trusts you period I can't wait for pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Sounds like you are doing great! His initial mistrust could be anything really, but it sounds like you are making great steps forward. We've had Scotty almost a year now and it's taken that long for him to really start to be over his mistrust of my husband -- in his case I'm 90% sure it was due to rough handling by a male human.

We want to see a picture of you with Lucky!
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:25 am

patdbunny wrote:
YAY!!! Sounds like you guys are doing great for the short amount of time you've had Lucky!

What can I say, Rome wasn't build in one day... but YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyes, small steps, but still steps yahoo

flappinhappy wrote:
Sounds to me like you are in the Zon-e with Lucky He sounds like a joy. Don't worry much that he goes to your BF if he comes to you then he trusts you period I can't wait for pics Very Happy
I would love to make such a progress as you with Mickey and be able to be that close to Lucky. When I look at your picture, I'm melted Embarassed

ScooterNScotty wrote:
Sounds like you are doing great! His initial mistrust could be anything really, but it sounds like you are making great steps forward. We've had Scotty almost a year now and it's taken that long for him to really start to be over his mistrust of my husband -- in his case I'm 90% sure it was due to rough handling by a male human.

We want to see a picture of you with Lucky!
Poor Scotty...
Hmmm, for picture Lucky with me, you have to wait, because somebody has to make it. But here is something temporary:

No, this one is faked. He is not real Mexican! I don't trust him!
I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 Lucky11

What you want now? I enjoy eating my peanut! He, he!
I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 Lucky12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:32 am

He sure is handsome. I think he is telling you he needs an amazon sibling!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:43 am

Julsiebean wrote:
He sure is handsome. I think he is telling you he needs an amazon sibling!

What I'm getting is "Take me to Canada to live with Alyssa".
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
We've had Scotty almost a year now and it's taken that long for him to really start to be over his mistrust of my husband -- in his case I'm 90% sure it was due to rough handling by a male human.
That's very likely, especially if he was intended to be a breeder previously. The semi-tame TAG I currently have is absolutely terrified of me. I always handled him with a net and any handling was for nail trims and moving into different caging. I wasn't really all that "rough", but definitely not the way I handle tame birds. It's the way breeders are handled - in a matter of fact fashion, not to build any sort of relationship with the animal.

With EC the TAG is very calm, steps up easily, and will sit with her. He has no negative associations with her.
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Margaret I am curious if Lucky IS a male or just thought to be so...I have quite a few "male" girls here. I am not asking from a breeder standpoint but I have had success with treating "biting, hate being petted, don't play with toys" birds by treating them as the sex they are. Even girl and boy parrots like to be treated as such... just curious. I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 419367009
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 pm

flappinhappy wrote:
Margaret I am curious if Lucky IS a male or just thought to be so...I have quite a few "male" girls here. I am not asking from a breeder standpoint but I have had success with treating "biting, hate being petted, don't play with toys" birds by treating them as the sex they are. Even girl and boy parrots like to be treated as such... just curious. I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 419367009

How do you treat the two differently?
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:34 pm

flappinhappy wrote:

Nobody proved his sex so far, so it's just a thought, nothing with birds seems to be impossible, may be Luca as well Wink
Josie, any suggestions about how to treat him/her?
Yes, I have to make a vet visit and make a blood checked too.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 11:21 pm

My husband says whitefronts have minor sexual dimorphism, something to do with blue wings?

OK, I looked it up, there are 3 amazon species with dimorphism and this is one of them -- males have red alulas ("shoulders") while females are green there. You should be able to sex Lucky by sight!

If I know what I'm looking at, he's a he!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!   I was hartbroken...and now deep in love! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I was hartbroken...and now deep in love!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next