Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tell me about White Belly Caiques

Go down 
+6
RogerP
atlanon
zazanomore
GlassOnion
patdbunny
henpecked
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 pm

patdbunny wrote:
moa wrote:
do you ever think you'll breed caiques again Roz?
Definitely. Jonesing for another pair right now. I kick myself sometimes. I lose interest in certain birds and sell them; then I regret it like you wouldn't believe!

From the sounds of things with the breeder I spoke to, the White Bellies are less common than the BH, so if you decide to get back into them that would great. Anything to make them lower the prices I would be happy with (selfish, I know).
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:42 pm

RogerP wrote:
patdbunny wrote:
moa wrote:
do you ever think you'll breed caiques again Roz?
Definitely. Jonesing for another pair right now. I kick myself sometimes. I lose interest in certain birds and sell them; then I regret it like you wouldn't believe!
From the sounds of things with the breeder I spoke to, the White Bellies are less common than the BH, so if you decide to get back into them that would great. Anything to make them lower the prices I would be happy with (selfish, I know).
Less common than the BH caiques, yes; but they're not as hard to find as say a grey cheeked parakeet. And the grey cheeked parakeet, if you can find one, is less than $500. Sometimes the pricing just doesn't make any sense to me. Like the blue throat macaws are uncommon and they're only about $2,000. Makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 10:45 pm

I can attest to that after my last visit to PJ's Pets in West Edmonton Mall this week (posted in another thread), when Amazons, Jardines, and even Turaco's are priced lower than WB Caiques.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:09 pm

RogerP wrote:
I can attest to that after my last visit to PJ's Pets in West Edmonton Mall this week (posted in another thread), when Amazons, Jardines, and even Turaco's are priced lower than WB Caiques.
caiques must be really popular thinking it might be harder to find a market for some of the rarer guys so lower prices? I'm surprised caiques are so pricey though
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 11:40 pm

moa wrote:
RogerP wrote:
caiques must be really popular Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 419367009 it might be harder to find a market for some of the rarer guys so lower prices? I'm surprised caiques are so pricey though

I was surprised too, since they told me that between two stores they had 10 WB Caiques, and only one of each of the others.
Back to top Go down
wyspur
Parrotlet
wyspur

My Birds : 7 parakeets, 6 tiels, and two crazy Caiques
wyspurcreations is a sanctuary for small birds with special needs.

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 am

WOW!! None of you has Caiques??? I have two, WBC DNA'd male and BHC DNA'd female. They are my dream birds and love them to death. Eeks as I refer to them are a very high energetic parrot. They are not for an non-experienced bird owner. They are distantly related to Amazons and smell musty as well as the body language that Amazons display. They can go from 0 to 100 in a second and can hold a grudge for reasons only they know to anybody at any time. They are very nasty when hormonal, but that doesn't last for ever. I did my research before I got my birds and learned this species very well. I adore them and love to play with them, they are very needy parrots too.
They are referred as the devil birds because when they pinn, their eyes turn red, not sure as to why this is, but that's what it is. They often get a bad rap, but for the right person they are an adorable pet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wyspurcreations.com
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 am

Thanks for the information wyspur and welcome to Paradise to you and your fids! I am in the research phase myself on these little wonders, and can use all the information I can get. We have one other Caique here who lives at Crystal's Bird Toys, but the more the merrier! Welcome, it is nice to have new members!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:16 am

Hi and Welcome, wyspur!
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:22 am

Hi Wyspur! Welcome to you and your "devil birds" Smile
Back to top Go down
wyspur
Parrotlet
wyspur

My Birds : 7 parakeets, 6 tiels, and two crazy Caiques
wyspurcreations is a sanctuary for small birds with special needs.

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:00 am

Thanks for the warm welcome. Anything you want to know about Caiques, ask away ;o)
Back to top Go down
http://www.wyspurcreations.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me about White Belly Caiques   Tell me about White Belly Caiques - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell me about White Belly Caiques
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2