Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Panama or Yellow Crown

Go down 
+2
dusty
henpecked
6 posters
AuthorMessage
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Panama or Yellow Crown Empty
PostSubject: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:56 pm

You want to know what really ,really pisses me off ?????
Bird Details:

Breeder PARROTS R US
Bird ID 51275
Species Panama Amazon
Status Adult
Price $799.00 Pair
HatchDate 8/12/2003
Readydate 8/1/2011
PostedDate 8/1/2011 10:20:33 AM
Sex N/A
Band N/A
Quantity Available 1
Shipping If weather permits
Comments Proven pair yellow crowned with Panama sergio (786)326-7698

Now do you think those babies will be sold as Panamas,YC or hybrid ? They're worth twice as much as Panamas.There goes your gene pool.Those babies will be sold as pans ,and make my real ones cheaper . I guess i can't really beat up Sergio about it ,he's probably just brokering them,but still some idiot put those birds together.

Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 pm

that sucks capt...sorry

dusty
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Yikes. What characteristics are different in the Panama subspecies? Would an educated buyer know any offspring was a hybrid?
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 pm

With this offspring the likelihood of them having traits close enough to pass is very great as the diffferences in the subs is not eye popping to most buyers.

I know that the "designer" birds are all the rage right now but

what the heck was wrong with the original design????

IMO the crossing of parrot species just rushes the endangerment of both species as a whole.

Need a bigger soap box....sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:20 pm

How crummy Sad
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah, that sucks. I think in Australia there was such inbreeding of the different sub species of eclectus that there they're all just "eclectus" and everyone assumes they're all red-sided/SI mixes.

And these zons might get into breeding situations and the breeder might not know they're hybrids. Would be nice if this guy would band them as "hybrid".
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:46 am

flappinhappy wrote:
With this offspring the likelihood of them having traits close enough to pass is very great as the diffferences in the subs is not eye popping to most buyers.
I know that the "designer" birds are all the rage right now but what the heck was wrong with the original design????

IMO the crossing of parrot species just rushes the endangerment of both species as a whole.

Need a bigger soap box....sorry

party clap Agreed

patdbunny wrote:
Yeah, that sucks. I think in Australia there was such inbreeding of the different sub species of eclectus that there they're all just "eclectus" and everyone assumes they're all red-sided/SI mixes.

And these zons might get into breeding situations and the breeder might not know they're hybrids. Would be nice if this guy would band them as "hybrid".
You're right Roz. If I remember correctly, there are only two or three purebred pairs left on the continent. I don't recall whether they are Red Sided or SI's. I think I remember seeing that one of the pairs (or one half of one of the pairs) is getting too old for breeding anymore. Pure bred eclectus are almost extinct in Australia, it's really sad.

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:01 pm

patdbunny wrote:

You're right Roz. If I remember correctly, there are only two or three purebred pairs left on the continent. I don't recall whether they are Red Sided or SI's. I think I remember seeing that one of the pairs (or one half of one of the pairs) is getting too old for breeding anymore. Pure bred eclectus are almost extinct in Australia, it's really sad.[/quote]

I think in Australia, it wasn't intentional. It didn't occur to anyone that there were subspecies or something like that. Same thing's already happened here in the US w/ the eastern rosellas. There are subspecies, but no subspecies delineation in the US captive population.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panama or Yellow Crown   Panama or Yellow Crown Empty

Back to top Go down

Panama or Yellow Crown
Page 1 of 1