Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mango- rescue Budgie

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Mango- rescue Budgie Empty
PostSubject: Mango- rescue Budgie   Mango- rescue Budgie EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:54 pm

The first budgie, who absolutely stole my heart was Mango.

The poor bird was rescued from the place I was working at that time. He was in the smallest cage possible with only one toy and two mini containers: one for seeds and the other for water. He was screaming, singing and shaking his head up and down all the time. I didn't think twice about taking him home, but I had no idea what kind of parrot I took home and how to deal with that bird. I watched him closely and even without knowledge about birds I knew something was wrong with his beak. The parrot couldn't eat. Mango was making weird positions to reach container with his seeds...
Quickly Mango got his beak clipped, bigger cage and more toys. I learned some things from vets, and from Internet and I found out that Mango was male. He was afraid of humans, each time I was close he panicked.

Mango very fast became different parrot. When he realized another bird presents in another cage (Coconut), he surprised us for the first time. He gave us the singing concert as we never heard before. I didn't know that budgies may sing that beautiful! Coconut very fast brought a lot of joy and light to Mango's life. Mango was less afraid and less depressed every day. Yes, change was so quick!
Then latter came Lemonade- his truly love. It didn't take a long time for Mango to win her trust and love. He was her "Romeo" and he scratched her head very often.

Since Lemonade passed away I started thinking about adopting male or female friend for him. He has now male companion: Plum. At the beginning Plum couldn't fly, because his wings was clipped (poor bird). Right now Mango took Plum "under his wings". It's nice to watch him grooming his youngest fellow. They seem to be a happy together, one follow another. It's really heartwarming experience watching your birds happy!

Believe me, adopted budgie is a trouble maker, but looking at the happiness coming from his actions and listening to his songs is priceless. Mango was rescued by me and I have never regret that decision, and I can bet- I will never do. He gives me joy every day; he is the first who wakes us up, sometimes we call him: Presley or Mariachis. He is very active and last to go sleep. Mango is first to take a shower, try something new to eat, got himself in troubles. Mango loves showers; he goes first and puts whole his cute body in the water.

Mango is the flock leader, he is always on top perch watching rest of his birds gang-Smile Mango is the boss, but he is kind to another birds. I never saw him fighting; arguing: Yes! To be honest, he only doesn't talk when he is slipping.
Mango's beak needs to be clipped every 3-4 weeks. He doesn't like that procedure. I learned how to do it and about once a month I have to be monster who "torture" him.

Mango was my very first bird and my love to parrots started from him. Keep continue that journey!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Mango- rescue Budgie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mango- rescue Budgie   Mango- rescue Budgie EmptyFri May 20, 2011 6:07 pm

It's really sad how people can just neglect their parrots like that. I hate to see solely cage birds.
Back to top Go down

Mango- rescue Budgie
Page 1 of 1