Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. Empty
PostSubject: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 3:50 pm

I've wanted to make this forum for a while, mostly because I never know where to go to make sure that products are well made or worth the money spent on them. Usually, I buy from the same seller or at pet stores in the area.

I recently placed orders with Birdy Booty and Things 4 Wings. I also got samples from Quaking Canopy. This forum is a place where anyone can review their favorite shops or products.

Birdy Booty: I was amazed with the customer service. I knew I wanted to place an order but I wasn't going to have the money available for a week or so. There was also only one of a certain toy I wanted that I knew my birds would love, so I emailed to ask if I could order it and pay in a week. I was so happy and surprised when they said I could.

For $112 including shipping, I got a great amount of toys. I got two swings that double as toys, two of the one-of-a-kind toys on their webpage, and at least 4 other toys for each cage. I wanted both cages to have a specific color theme -- blues and greens for Cheney Bird and oranges and reds for the budgies. I was so amazed with what I got! Everything was so beautiful I almost didn't want the birds to play with them.

All of the woods were small enough and soft enough that everyone could shred them. The plastics and bells were well put together and I learned that Cheney loves to shred apart plastic. Pigpen especially loved the mini-bird cage stuffed full of paper for her to shred. Piper loves the swing. Surprisingly, all three love the stainless steel bucket of foot toys and I find that Pigpen is particularly good at tossing the toys out of the bucket so the other two can play on the bottom of the cage.

All in all, I love Birdy Booty and I will definitely order from them again in the future. I love that everything is custom and the customer service was amazing.

Things 4 Wings: I generally don't order from Canadian companies because shipping is expensive and I'd rather get a couple extra toys than spend it on the shipping. I ordered from T4W because I wanted some perches and toy parts and they definitely had the best selection.

Because Danita ships from the US on Tuesdays, my shipping cost was refunded $6 and my package was here within 5 days. The customer service was amazing, particularly because I'm a pain and I forgot to ask her to ship from the US with her next shipment. I also had to email for a tracking number because my neighbors have a tendency to be thieves when a package is left. I always got a response back the same day.

The toy parts I got were phenomenal. I wasn't expecting packages so full or wood pieces so big. The wood chunks are fragrant and perfect. I got a mixture of dogwood, apple, yucca, and then some scrap packs. I also got a willow perch for the budgies and an elm perch for Cheney Bird. The perches are beautiful and have amazing hardware.

I also ordered a toy for the budgies and a slim stacks ocotillo for Cheney. The slim stacks is huge! So much wood for the price, tied together with leather and on an o-ring. Pigpen chews on this more often than Cheney does, and all the wood will make sure she's chewing for a good long while. The budgies toy is a basket with some paper shreds in it and they both love it. It's much, much bigger than I was expecting... in fact, I was kind of shocked how big it is.

All in all, another great experience and another company I'll be ordering from again and again.

And unrelated to birds, Quaking Canopy: I emailed to ask for some samples because I have really bad eczema on my hands and it hurts badly if I use certain products. I generally like to sample products before I use them because I end up throwing them away if I break out in hives or my eczema is made worse.

I just got the samples this morning and, while I haven't used the soap yet, I can assure you it smells just wonderful. The Honey Almond Oatmeal isn't a scent I'd usually use because I shy away from honey, but it smells so good you could almost eat it. The Clean Linen smells crisp and fresh.

I also got a sample of the Raspberry Plum Vanilla lotion and I'm in so much love. The lotion smells lovely. It isn't too strong but it's strong enough to leave a lingering scent. It also doesn't feel greasy when you put it on like a lot of store bought lotions do. I've had it on for about an hour already and my hands no longer itch and they feel so soft to the touch.

I will be placing an order probably in mid-December.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:01 pm

i bought a toy from wyspur...it is called a wing-ding or ding a ling or something like that...lol good quailty and my grey loves it...shipping was prompt and the price very reasonable...

dusty
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:42 pm

I'm really glad you've both posted your information. I've always been reluctant to buy from online stores simply because I have no idea what I'm getting - and it makes me nervous. But when someone else can make a good recommendation, I feel a lot better about it.
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm

VickiNumbers wrote:
I'm really glad you've both posted your information. I've always been reluctant to buy from online stores simply because I have no idea what I'm getting - and it makes me nervous. But when someone else can make a good recommendation, I feel a lot better about it.

For toy parts, definitely order from T4W. Best prices and quality I've seen. The Birdy Booty toys were so beautiful that I felt bad letting the birds have them!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:44 pm

I get most of my bird stuff online. It's a bit of a drive to the one store I really like, plus the stuff ordered online usually comes in a sealed package so I feel less worried about toys needing to be washed... I'll post my experiences with various online retailers when I get a chance.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:56 pm

I buy from T4W all the time, and I love Danita! I've been to her place, seen all the workshops/storage areas and how her own birds are taken care of in her house. Very reliable, beautiful toys, and unique items as well!!
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:58 pm

A place that I want to order so bad from, is Greyfeather toys. Everytime Coco does a review for Greyfeather toys, it's impossible not to want things from there, ESPECIALLY their amazing rope products that are works of arts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:05 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
A place that I want to order so bad from, is Greyfeather toys. Everytime Coco does a review for Greyfeather toys, it's impossible not to want things from there, ESPECIALLY their amazing rope products that are works of arts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They're mid-list on places to order from. I really want to order from Crystal and wyspur on my next round of toy ordering. Then Oliver's Garden. THEN Grey Feather Toys.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Kaela, how are your birds taking to most toys? My birds are very particular about what materials they like/are capable of destroying, so most of the toys I buy have to be custom.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:14 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Kaela, how are your birds taking to most toys? My birds are very particular about what materials they like/are capable of destroying, so most of the toys I buy have to be custom.

Pigpen and Piper go right for most things. Pigpen especially will go right for any kind of wood or shreddable. Piper goes for them, too, but he likes things he can hang off of.

Cheney Bird is kind of scared of some toys if they're too large for him. Some of the wood hunks I got from T4W were larger than I anticipated them being and he was nervous around them, but he warmed up pretty quickly when I attached bells to most of them.

The budgies seem to be less tentative of toys compared to Cheney, and I'm not sure if that's a species thing or a Cheney thing. Part of me thinks that wherever Cheney came from made him really afraid of a lot of things and that's why he needs to warm up to them. Whereas the budgies I've had their whole lives so they know the toys are to play with and not to hurt them with.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:17 pm

Yeah, those Budgies are very curious little things I have to say. You're gonna love your willow perch, my birds started ripping the bark off the day I brought it home!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:26 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Yeah, those Budgies are very curious little things I have to say. You're gonna love your willow perch, my birds started ripping the bark off the day I brought it home!

I caught Pigpen hanging upside down from it earlier. She usually uses it just to sleep on while Piper is sleeping on his round trapeze swing. They usually only chew on the dowel perches and not the natural woods for some reason. I'm partially very happy about this.. because natural woods are more expensive. Pigpen also uses the stainless steel bucket as a perch.. and a basket for her to sleep in. She also climbs in it head first to bang on the bottom!

The one thing I really do want from GFT is the welded trapeze swing Coco talks about on her blog. I love the way it looks, but I can't really justify spending $40 on one swing.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Yeah, I want that swing too despite the price tag, but I really do think that it will last a LONG time. I really think that Spice would love some of their stainless steel clangy toys, they look very durable and safe.

I'm jealous that your guys would chew on dowels, mine only like the expensive, crunchy, barky textures.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:38 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Yeah, I want that swing too despite the price tag, but I really do think that it will last a LONG time. I really think that Spice would love some of their stainless steel clangy toys, they look very durable and safe.

I have a hard time spending over $15 for a single toy. I spent $15 for the stainless steel foot toy bucket from Birdy Booty, and that was tugging at my heart strings until I got it and fell in love. Anything priced above that is very hard for me to buy, plus I got good quality trapeze swings from A Bird Toy that have been holding up well.. for only $4 each.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:41 pm

I agree with you on feeling that reluctancy when looking at pricier toys. Sometimes I look at a toy that is priced at like $10, and realize that I can buy a small bag of parts for about $5 and make two of those. I'm gonna go check out A Bird Toy now. Btw, did your boyfriend decide not to make Orbit/Atom-esque things?
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:47 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
I agree with you on feeling that reluctancy when looking at pricier toys. Sometimes I look at a toy that is priced at like $10, and realize that I can buy a small bag of parts for about $5 and make two of those. I'm gonna go check out A Bird Toy now. Btw, did your boyfriend decide not to make Orbit/Atom-esque things?

I totally understand looking at toys and doing that. A lot of the toys I've gotten have been gotten with E-Bay bucks from doing the free offers. In March before I got CB, I spent $100 on toys. In September (Pigpen's birthday), I spent $112. Just two weeks ago, I spent $129. A total of $341 in one year on toys alone. Combine that with 2 $100 cages, a $62 vet visit, a $156 vet visit, two bulk bags of seed.. one $20 and one $40, a $40 bag of pellets and who knows how much in food before I went bulk.. and I'm already at $859. And that doesn't include countless other things, like playgyms, perches, harnesses, fresh foods, treats..

He's been at his parents for the past couple of months and has had to put a bunch of things on hold.

Are you doing the Secret Santa?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.   Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy. Empty

Back to top Go down

Birdy Booty, Things 4 Wings & Quaking Canopy.
Page 1 of 1