Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know about Parrots First in LA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Anyone know about Parrots First in LA Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know about Parrots First in LA   Anyone know about Parrots First in LA EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:09 pm

Am contemplating volunteering with a rescue organization to increase my own skill set. The only thing I've turned up in So Cal, not in San Diego is "Parrots First". Does anyone know them? The only thing that puts me off is that their website states they are against pretty much all captive breeding, which I think is a bit extreme and not a view I'm willing to support.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Parrots First in LA   Anyone know about Parrots First in LA EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Well you don't have to support them , anymore than lip service , to get what your after. It's not like your going to get paid. Go and see what it's all about. I've talked to a few breeders in your area , looking for Magna DYHs and Tres Marias but don't know of any where i could help you get your foot in the door.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Parrots First in LA   Anyone know about Parrots First in LA EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
Am contemplating volunteering with a rescue organization to increase my own skill set. The only thing I've turned up in So Cal, not in San Diego is "Parrots First". Does anyone know them? The only thing that puts me off is that their website states they are against pretty much all captive breeding, which I think is a bit extreme and not a view I'm willing to support.

Sorry, nope. Go and check it out and report back!

As for the anti-breeding, I think that's pretty much most rescues' position officially stated or not. Most of the mindset is that all the breeding's for the pet trade which is a pretty narrow view (only my opinion). There's not much thought about all the species that are now rare in captivity, pet or not. Such as brotogeris, peking robins, toucans, tanygnathus. And sun conures are very established in captivity but now relatively rare in the wild.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about Parrots First in LA   Anyone know about Parrots First in LA Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone know about Parrots First in LA
Page 1 of 1