Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

parrots, they're everywhere...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

parrots, they're everywhere... Empty
PostSubject: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 am

I don't know why but lately I've been seeing parrots everywhere!on peoples shoulders, in commercials, they're taking over the world...

by the way he's holding that peregrine falcon wrong, or at least not the way I was taught to! you're supposed to hold the bird so they are facing forward, not sideways (more comfortable for the bird) and he should close his fist..

training animals for tv, movies, ect is actually a profession I'd be interested one of these days. Either that or becoming a zoo keeper or similiar Smile

any other funny parrot/bird commercials floating around? I think there was a thread on this on the other forum but I felt like sharing this commercial..
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 am

moa wrote:

by the way he's holding that peregrine falcon wrong, or at least not the way I was taught to! you're supposed to hold the bird so they are facing forward, not sideways (more comfortable for the bird) and he should close his fist..

I'd think the way he's holding it would be best for walking around with it - if it bates the person can recover the bird easily. i dunno I don't do falconry. Just my observation.

So are you going to get a permanent position at the zoo you're with now?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:12 pm

that does make sense, the streets are pretty crowded

naww, there are so many volunteers there I don't think I could get a permanent position. I might do an internship when I turn 18 but I'm really using it as a starting off point. Theres a college, I forget the name, that has an exotic animal training program I'm interested in. It's either that or become a avian vet..
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:18 pm

moa wrote:
that does make sense, the streets are pretty crowded

naww, there are so many volunteers there I don't think I could get a permanent position. I might do an internship when I turn 18 but I'm really using it as a starting off point. Theres a college, I forget the name, that has an exotic animal training program I'm interested in. It's either that or become a avian vet..

Are you talking about Moorepark Community College? Last I heard they have a transfer guarantee into UC Davis vet school.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:38 pm

yeah, I think thats the one. My mom's friend did it, decided it wasn't for her, and became a teacher. I keep meaning to call her up and ask her about it. That'd be awesome if I could do the transfer to UC Davis if I ended up wanting to..
Back to top Go down
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

My Birds : Im lonely without my Sammy.
On the market for a new FID.

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Oooo just an FYI the Zoological Society of San Diego is getting ready to open its own hands on college here at the Safari Park.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 pm

coldtrance wrote:
Oooo just an FYI the Zoological Society of San Diego is getting ready to open its own hands on college here at the Safari Park.

Really? What do you mean? Where do I find out info?
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 11:11 pm

ooh, will they be opening it up within the next couple of years?
Back to top Go down
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Its in test mode right now but it should be open within the next 5 years and its hnds on zoo keeping for students. we have breding facility that guests dont have access to that they are going to be using to teach husbandry.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:05 pm

coldtrance wrote:
Its in test mode right now but it should be open within the next 5 years and its hnds on zoo keeping for students. we have breding facility that guests dont have access to that they are going to be using to teach husbandry.
Do they need a guinea pig? What a Face
Back to top Go down
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 9:22 pm

lol Im first on the list of test subjects but Ill find out.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 pm

I feel like such an idiot...I watched that video here online, and all I saw was the falcon. I thought to myself "that's not a parrot, why hasn't anyone said anything"

Then today I was watching tv and the ad came up. Only on a big screen could I fish out the cockatoo. parrots, they're everywhere... 3437489089
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: parrots, they're everywhere...   parrots, they're everywhere... Empty

Back to top Go down

parrots, they're everywhere...
Page 1 of 1