Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Baby Budgie :)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

New Baby Budgie :) Empty
PostSubject: New Baby Budgie :)   New Baby Budgie :) EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:44 pm

Well... Peanut (Whose name is no longer Peanut, but a much cuter name far more appropriate for a little girl's bird (but she's still "edible!" LOL)) is weaned and ready to go to her forever home with her new family. It's a bittersweet day for me but I knew it was coming, and honestly, this is ultimately what I'm raising birds for anyway. I just didn't expect it to be happening QUITE so soon! It's easier because I have full confidence that THIS family will come back and visit so I'll be able to follow my baby for quite some time. Yay that, right?

Now, The REST of my good news is that I finally found the baby I'll be keeping and raising as I'd intended to do with Peanut. As fate would have it, it's a full sibling of the bird the little girl tragically lost (the little girl who is adopting my Peanut). The baby is still in the nest box, it doesn't even have down yet, but you all know me and my *sparks*! LOL! When I held those four babies, I knew that one was the one I had to have. All I know about it so far is that it's going to be a yellowface and it's the third baby in a clutch of seven. I have a feeling it's going to look like it's dad. I HOPE it'll be a boy, but if history holds true for me, she'll be a girl. Every bird I've fallen for has been a hen. JJ, Allie, Peanut, even Caesar... all hens. Except for Sam... LOL - but he doesn't like me! LMAO! I'm going to say it here first though... I don't even remember looking at the cere of the baby - not that it would have told me anything at this point anyway - but I have a little inkling of a feeling that this baby IS a boy. I have to put it in writing cause if later I turn out to be right and tell everyone, "I knew that from the first day that I held him!" everyone would say, "Uh huh, yeah, sure..." and nod their heads and walk away. But this way if I'm right, I've got it in writing! And if I'm wrong? LMAO!!! Who cares? I'm wrong all the time!

Anyway, that's it for now.

I'll be taking pictures of the new baby soon... maybe tomorrow morning. In the meantime, I'm sleeping. Smile Sweet birdie dreams to you all!!!

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Budgie :)   New Baby Budgie :) EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:08 am

LOL! Quite some birdie adventures you are having. It kind of reminds of the bird version of the part in "National Velvet" -- the original book -- where Velvet inherits this stable full of horses and all of a sudden has all of this spectrum of ponies to figure out.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Budgie :)   New Baby Budgie :) EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:40 pm

LOL! I never thought I'd be living the avian version of National Velvet, but you're right! It's kinda like that! LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Baby Budgie :)   New Baby Budgie :) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Baby Budgie :)
Page 1 of 1