Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!

Go down 
+3
zazanomore
Admin
coldtrance
7 posters
AuthorMessage
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

My Birds : Im lonely without my Sammy.
On the market for a new FID.

AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! Empty
PostSubject: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:31 pm

My stinking cat, Artax, is a cronic pee-er. He wont stop peeing on my couch, clothes, carpet, antique chest, ect. Its driving me crazy and I dont know howto make it stop. Sheesh bird poop is so much easier to clean that stinky cat pee. My kitty is very lucky I love him or his outcome on life would be very different.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm

They make sprays ment to deter cats from going in certain areas. You can find them at places like PetCo and PETsMART. You can also try moving the litter box and (if you have one) removing the cover.
Back to top Go down
https://parrotparadise.forumotion.com
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Is he neutered? Sometimes unaltered male cats will pee everywhere. ev
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:54 pm

Thanks Einstein for jumping on my keyboard and adding the "ev" right as I push send... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Good luck with that. We volunteer w/ Friends of Cats in El Cajon. From my understanding, you can't really stop that. I had a cat that I neutered late in life. He started spraying in the house. He ended up an outdoor cat.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Taxi was neutered at 6 months of age because of dumb law in Virginia where I used to live. He never sprayed until a few months ago when he got a UTI. So I know its a result of his UTI. I have every spray known to man to deter him from spraying. Ive noticed he mostly sprays when I dont come home at night (My job is evil).
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Singing I used to love her... but I had to kill her... she's buried right in my back yaard... Singing

Guns 'n' Roses, anyone?

We used to have a male cat that did something like that, but it was only if we'd leave laundry baskets full of clothes on the floor. Hope you and Taxi work out a good solution!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyWed May 25, 2011 11:49 pm

My eldest cat, Aowyn, routinely pees AND poos in our tub. The pee I don't mind since she aims it right into the drain, but the poo is annoying when you're in a hurry to take a shower and you open the curtain and find a steaming pile. At least its easy to clean and I don't have to worry about stains.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:34 am

I was totally going to ask if you have had Taxi checked for a UTI. That's almost always what does it for fixed boys. That or some other health issue.

Sagira had a skin tag on his elbow (it was huge! he's a fatty right now...and still with my grandparents...my zoo was at their house) Anyway. He started having potty issues and so when I was down we took him in and they removed the skin tag. Now he potties where he should. Sucha good boy Smile

Maybe take Taxi back to the vet and see if they find any other infections. Good luck, cat pee is ICKY!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:23 pm

Quote :
Ive noticed he mostly sprays when I dont come home at night (My job is evil).
Since that's the case, can you give him foraging/enrichment on nights you know you won't be home?

Like no food in a dish, but in a foraging ball so he stays occupied?

Balls:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=dog+treat+ball&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=13845988028415943295&sa=X&ei=lrPeTaHPD42btwebkdHuCQ&ved=0CE4Q8gIwAA

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=dog+treat+ball&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9696031952697046712&sa=X&ei=lrPeTaHPD42btwebkdHuCQ&ved=0CFcQ8gIwAw

Obviously, you'll need to introduce it at a time you can watch him and make sure he understands how to get the food out.
Back to top Go down
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Thank you Roz! Ill look into it Smile
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Maybe put the foraging ball in the bathroom where it can't get kicked under something so he can't reach it. Baby gate the bathroom doorway - cat can still jump in to play with the ball, but ball can't get where it will get stuck somewhere. For indoor cats I think baby gates are great enrichment. Indoor cats don't jump around enough, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!   AHHH I love him but I want to kill him! Empty

Back to top Go down

AHHH I love him but I want to kill him!
Page 1 of 1