Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New diet for the flock- HELP!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

New diet for the flock- HELP! Empty
PostSubject: New diet for the flock- HELP!   New diet for the flock- HELP! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 am

Juniper- Quaker Parrot, female, less then 2 yrs of age
Kokomo- lovebird, female, between 3-4 yrs of age
Sparrow- GCC, male, 9wks old

Okay folks, I've had luck weaning down Juniper and Kokomo from a cheap all cockatiel blend seed diet (not my doing, they came to me this way) to a little more pellet (roudy) then seed (pro vita). I offer fresh pasta, rice, eggs, and fruit everyday but it is mostly snubbed.

For snack and foraging Kokomo gets millet and Juniper won't touch the stuff. She won't forage either.

Sparrow, my sweet boy, is finishing up the supply his breeder gave me it is a mix of roudy/fruit blend zupreem. He gets fresh food too- loves it. He also snacks on millet and will forage for seed I mix in his food bowl and toys etc.

So, I'd like to get the whole flock on the same thing if possible but I feel really overwhelmed by the choices. I don't want to break the bank but I don't want to feed them sunflower seeds and corn snot either. Shocked

Any advice?
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

New diet for the flock- HELP! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New diet for the flock- HELP!   New diet for the flock- HELP! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:20 pm

All your stuff's about the same size so I see no problem getting them all on the same diet of the roudybush pellets and provita mix. The fresh stuff, I have more success getting acceptance of raw foods than the cooked on the birds that don't eat variety. My base is carrot, broccoli and apple run through the food processor so it's small bits but very loose. To that I add whatever fresh/unique produce is on sale/seasonal. Try hanging leafy greens in the cage. They usually play with that like a toy. Try hanging broccoli stalks like a toy.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

New diet for the flock- HELP!
Page 1 of 1