Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your "list"?

Go down 
+15
hannahbird
kaeladedah
dusty
bluemorning
crystalsbirdtoys
InquisitiveCow
henpecked
zazanomore
moa
Margaret
ScooterNScotty
patdbunny
GlassOnion
evil chicken
atlanon
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What is your "list"? Empty
PostSubject: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:04 pm

So parrot lovers, what is your dream flock? What is on your list? What is next?

In addition to my fids now I'd really love to have.......

Male blue Quaker (I just passed on one, so sad.)
African Grey- leaning towards a timmy, but still love congos too.
Pineapple Conure
Male SI Eclectus
...and maybe a Jardines. Still not sure.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

Well I have my ekkie, which I guess you would say is my dream bird because he's what I got! What is your "list"? 322104971

I honestly have no idea what my next will be. I love the littler birds, but think I'll stick with bigger ones as pets, myself. If I get another one while Yoshi's still alive and well, it will be to have something with more of a spunky personality. The ekkies are quiet and cuddly and "intellectual" and that's exactly what I needed right now and he'll be with us forever. But down the road when we're in a real house and are more stable I think I'd like something I can play and dance and be crazy with. On my mind:

What is your "list"? 1958580474 Gallah
What is your "list"? 1615842896 What is your "list"? 3046127154 What is your "list"? 3448134902 What is your "list"? 1953428796 Any 'zon. If that's what my decision ends up being I'll have to get in touch with the Cap'n Wink
What is your "list"? 2974544007 A macaw. The Hyacinths are pretty, but I also REALLY like the hybrids, especially the Camelot.

P.S. - Juls, the blue quakers are beautiful, I love those, too! What is your "list"? 1913523039
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm kind of the opposite of Lyz. I have Ducky who's a spaz, and I'm thinking in the future I'll have calmer birds.

What I want are pink and regular Bourkes, a lutino pastelface cockatiel, whiteface lutino cockatiel, and a pied cockatiel. What I'll actually get next I have no clue, as Eric has proven. Actually, as all my birds have proven...

I've thought about a Timneh Grey and one of those might make it onto the list, but for now I'm not sure about that. I need to play with more of them.

What is your "list"? 95063442 What is your "list"? 3583561118 What is your "list"? 1408248340 What is your "list"? 823733306 What is your "list"? 451574953 What is your "list"? 3078924294
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:46 pm

Honestly, what I want and what I'll actually get are two bridged topics. My other half would probably throw both me and the bird out off of a high-rise balcony, if I brought home a LOUD bird. LOL

I really really want: either a BFA or a PA, Mini or Big Macaw

What I'll probably end up with: Poicephalus
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 2:48 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
My other half would probably throw both me and the bird out off of a high-rise balcony, if I brought home a LOUD bird. LOL

I thought he was ok with loud so long as it doesn't speak human?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:04 pm

The birds I go all mushy about are not the ones I probably ought to consider owning, so it's truly a dream flock! But the 'toos are so sweet when you can keep them happy, and I know my husband would secretly love another (he lost his to PBFD). And Hyacinth macaws are really gorgeous! And the rainbow lorikeets are so pretty and sprightly, but OMG what a mess! So in this life, I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:09 pm

patdbunny wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:
My other half would probably throw both me and the bird out off of a high-rise balcony, if I brought home a LOUD bird. LOL

I thought he was ok with loud so long as it doesn't speak human?

You know Katy Perry's song that goes, "You change your mind, like a girl changes clothes~~~"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 pm

I won't have all those birds either. For the bigger guys, it will be either/or. I really like smaller and medium sized birds. I can't imagine life without a Quaker, they are the best of both worlds to me. GCCs are just too much darn fun, like a puppy without the mess!
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:04 pm

For me nothing changed since That Topic, Well, maybe I would add also a little Bourke!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:07 pm

I change my mind all of the time! I've promised myself my bird limit will be 2 or 3, including my lovely little Rainbow. I'm not gonna commit to anything larger than a gcc for quite a while, since smaller parrots are easier to fit into my life while still going to school with no paying job to speak of, but I do have my list of dream birds growing...
what I might end up getting:
-mini macaw (thinking hahns?) they make my heart melt a little everytime I see one...
or
-cherry headed conure. I just can't get enough of conures, screeching and all. Plus the local bird rescue has plenty so I could adopt one

birds I wouldn't say no to if they came my way:
-caique (still can't pronounce their name... What is your "list"? 419367009 )
-timmeh
-goffins, adhd monkey sounds good to me...
-amazon (mealy, BF, panama, white front, or any other really...)
-pionus

what I fantasize about but doubt I'd get:
-hawk-headed parrot, didn't think I wanted one but then I watched youtube videos and read more and omg are they cool birds. I want to meet one, wish there were more around..
-a big honking macaw. I'm falling in love with the one at work and her vocalizations nolonger make me jump (which truly is an acheivement, the first time I heard her screech it was like a sonic boom in my ear Shocked ) I probably don't really want a macaw, just a close friend with one that I could play with...

I plan to foster birds in the future though and perhaps adopt one of those foster birds. I'm more interested in getting the right individual for me than a specific species. I'm often surprised by the birds I end up liking in person versus a description of their species. Not many places around here that I've found I can go play with the bigger birds though...
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:44 pm

I would love to have every single type of Australian and New Zealand parrot. However, I think that would be illegal, so here's my list.

Red Fronted Kakariki
Bourke's
Galah
More budgies! Even though Einstein is my perfect parrot, my favorite is still the budgie. I'd love to be able to have 5+ budgies in a large aviary.
A female cockatiel. No preference on the mutation. I met a lutino pearl female at a pet store, and she gave me a cavity from all the sweetness.

Non Aussie birds
Female Red Bellied Parrot
Cape Parrot (will probably never own one, but I'm really interested in them)
Timneh Grey
Any type of Pionus
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:05 pm

zazanomore wrote:
A female cockatiel. No preference on the mutation. I met a lutino pearl female at a pet store, and she gave me a cavity from all the sweetness.
What is your "list"? 3437489089
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:18 pm

I really loved blue crown and mitred conures, in fact, I just love all conures period. Anything louder then a GCC conure wise my husband can't handle. I need a new husband. Or better yet, NO husband. Woo!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Alright, I wasn't going to redundantly post my wish list again; but here are the new ones of wants:
What is your "list"? Blue_mutation_yellow_naped_amazonWhat is your "list"? Blued-dusky-conure-soloWhat is your "list"? Blue_mutation_orange_fronted_conure2What is your "list"? Bringas_eclectusWhat is your "list"? BluemutationWhat is your "list"? 9k=
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:31 pm

is the second picture a dusky-headed conure?? I think I'm in love...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:32 pm

What is the big one with the white head?
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Hey Roz, Howard has a 10 month old blue hen pet quaility.i meet her and she's very nice.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:34 pm

^ You mean the Female Ekkie?

Oh my god, the yellow Macaws look like Teletubbies. vicki 5280 affraid
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:36 pm

oh my gosh I didn't realize the yellow ones were macaws!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Have you seen Sergio Martinez birds? I haven't heard much good about him but he does have some pretty birds,lots of macaw mutations.I can't recall his website but i'll look.

Last edited by henpecked on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm

sergio's site PARROTS R' Us.com

Last edited by henpecked on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:57 pm

moa wrote:
is the second picture a dusky-headed conure?? I think I'm in love...
Blue mutation dusky. I've been in love for a while.

Julsiebean wrote:
What is the big one with the white head?
Female blue mutation ekkie.

henpecked wrote:
Hey Roz, Howard has a 10 month old blue hen pet quaility.i meet her and she's very nice.
You're bad. When I win the lottery or when you sneak it to me under your coat.

henpecked wrote:
Have you seen Sergio Garcia's birds? I haven't heard much good about him but he does have some pretty birds,lots of macaw mutations.I can't recall his website but i'll look.
I think I have and I haven't followed his stuff as I've also not heard much good.
Does Roger Bringas have a website? I would love to see his stuff.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:03 pm

Sorry got Sergio's name wrong ,any way i'm not up on Roger B
Back to top Go down
InquisitiveCow
Budgerigar
InquisitiveCow

My Birds : Gracie (African Grey)
Larry and Rhonda (Senegals)

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:27 am

Oh man, my dream list...I so need to win the lottery!!!

I would still love to bring home:

Another African Grey or perhaps a Timneh
A Quaker
A Meyers
An Indian Ringneck (or two)
A Hahn's Macaw
Sun Conure

Being as I'm in a 700 sq ft apartment I really need to get on winning that lotto!! What is your "list"? 2699404744 What is your "list"? 2699404744
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 1:46 am

InquisitiveCow wrote:
Being as I'm in a 700 sq ft apartment I really need to get on winning that lotto!! What is your "list"? 2699404744 What is your "list"? 2699404744
I was in a 850 sq. ft. shoe box of a house w/ a CAG, jenday conure, M2, G2, U2 and a couple of tiels. If you don't mind them practically in every single living space it's doable!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your "list"?   What is your "list"? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your "list"?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next