Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?

Go down 
+4
Margaret
GlassOnion
patdbunny
zazanomore
8 posters
AuthorMessage
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? Empty
PostSubject: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:50 pm

I know I got my love of animals from my grandfather. He's the dairy farmer, and I lived on his farm when I was little.

I have so many memories of going into the woods and feeding the deer and the elk. He always taught me to respect nature.

I know I've passed on my love of animals to my little brother. He'll ask me what a certain animal is, and I'll tell him. Whenever we're on a drive and see's a dog, he starts yelling my name and starts telling me how cute the dog is.

I remember when we were in Mexico, and there was a large female crocodile swimming next to the dock we were on. He told me that she was pretty.

He loves my birds. Sometimes I'll catch him in my room, telling Einstein about his day. He knows all their names, and his favorite has always been Clyde.

Whenever he's had friends over, he "sneaks" into my room, and shows them my birds. This weekend he's having an early birthday party, and I'm sure once everyone is here, he's going to show them the birds.

So, anyone else pass on their passion?
Back to top Go down

For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 pm

My oldest loves all animals and has a very tender heart. He has been raised in a house with pets and taught to be gracious and respectful of nature. He loves all our birds, Sparrow if his favorite.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:04 pm

I don't think so. She's not a "bird person". The animals are background noise since they've always been around.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 10:46 pm

Err, no kids Smile

EDIT: no siblings either Smile
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:01 pm

patdbunny wrote:
I don't think so. She's not a "bird person". The animals are background noise since they've always been around.
I kinda like your answer Roz, specially knowing now your EC!
I also wonder what she gonna say after reading this Roz

Don't have a human kids, but have somebody to share that passion(my boyfriend). We both have it after our dads.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:05 pm

I'm err, influencing my two nephews Twisted Evil . I give them those informational books about animals that are fun to flip through and look at the pictures when ever I visit as gifts. And, success! the oldest one is into cars and marine life. My sister says he can't get enough and especially loves the jelly fish. I can't wait till they come visit cali then they get a behind the scenes tour of the animals I work with.
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 11:14 pm

No kids for me either, but living with Bryan (who passed on his love of parrots to me) was enough For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? 592161356
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:01 am

Margaret wrote:
patdbunny wrote:
I kinda like your answer Roz, specially knowing now your EC!
I also wonder what she gonna say after reading this For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? 3437489089
Oddly, it's kind of true. I'm not a true "bird person". I have birds, and I love mine, but pets in general are just kind of there for me because (and even though) they've always been around. I don't go all-out decking out their cage, or look at things in the store and immediately think "how can I make this a toy for my birds?". I don't go to bird stores and drool (usually).

As to my mom rubbing off on me - Overall, yes, my mom's animalness has rubbed off on me. If not for her I'd be a boring old cat-and-dog person and probably not realize how fun birds are, which I'm glad I'm not. But I'm not a total animal person, if you know what I mean. I'm not animaly to the extent she is.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:07 am

Both my boys have a love of all animals, with my oldest having a special knack with calming uptight animals. My wife, Camille, is a cat person (but I married her anyway Wink ) and we have had a parade of animals live with us to date, including fish, guinea pigs, hedgehogs (I love these guys), etc.

Currently we have Merlin, two cats, one dog, and one gerbil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?   For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals? Empty

Back to top Go down

For those with children (the humanoid type), have you passed on your love of birds/animals?
Page 1 of 1