Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

harrison's case studies on various animals including birds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

harrison's case studies on various animals including birds Empty
PostSubject: harrison's case studies on various animals including birds   harrison's case studies on various animals including birds EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: harrison's case studies on various animals including birds   harrison's case studies on various animals including birds EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:30 pm

That's quite interesting, thanks for posting the link!

Of course, I feel compelled to caution "The plural of anecdote is not proof". These are case studies and the publisher has a vested interest in publishing the ones with a good outcome since they are in essence advertising their product. It's a good company and it's interesting anecdotal evidence, but I'd like to see statistical clinical trials in peer reviewed publications before I'd say it's proof. But I'm a real curmudegeon that way.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: harrison's case studies on various animals including birds   harrison's case studies on various animals including birds EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:24 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
That's quite interesting, thanks for posting the link!

Of course, I feel compelled to caution "The plural of anecdote is not proof". These are case studies and the publisher has a vested interest in publishing the ones with a good outcome since they are in essence advertising their product. It's a good company and it's interesting anecdotal evidence, but I'd like to see statistical clinical trials in peer reviewed publications before I'd say it's proof. But I'm a real curmudegeon that way.

No, I'm with you on reading with a critical eye. I'm always thinking "what's the author's interest in the results?" But it's a good jump-off point for further research and investigation.

"Lies, damn lies, and statistics"
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: harrison's case studies on various animals including birds   harrison's case studies on various animals including birds Empty

Back to top Go down

harrison's case studies on various animals including birds
Page 1 of 1