Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages

Go down 
+7
ScooterNScotty
Margaret
henpecked
patdbunny
atlanon
kaeladedah
GlassOnion
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:00 am

Believe it or not we hunt a lot of snipe down here in the winter,Or should i say we kill the hell out of them,you can use a bag if you wish but i'll use a 12 ga. Taste like dove.
You didn't do anything wrong,just seems i was posting right behind you on several different threads.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:51 pm

I thought you were making a joke about me not remembering what birds I had making those noises!

Wasn't snipe hunting a joke? Like there are no such things as snipes, but you send your friend out snipe hunting with a burlap sack?

Kinda like grunion out here. . . except grunion are real.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:18 pm

HAHAha, it makes me so happy that someone knows what snipe hunting is... we used to send campers out into the woods for HOURS looking for those things. We had such a good description I think half of the staff was convinced they were real Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 3437489089
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 pm

They are real !!!!! but i don't think you would catch many with a burlap bag,they jump up like a woodcock with a loud peep sound and go like hell,hard to kill because they don't fly in a straight line.Limit around here is 25 per day i think. I can tell i'll have to make a snipe hunting video cause ya'll don't believe me.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:51 pm

henpecked wrote:
but i don't think you would catch many with a burlap bag,they jump up like a woodcock with a loud peep sound

Yeah!! Snipes!! You're just hunting them wrong, Capt. You take your burlap sack, open it up, say "SNIPE! SNIPE!" and they jump into your sack!

henpecked wrote:
They are real !!!!!
A little too much rum for ya Capt? Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 1335033401
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:36 pm

henpecked wrote:
They are real !!!!! but i don't think you would catch many with a burlap bag,they jump up like a woodcock with a loud peep sound and go like hell,hard to kill because they don't fly in a straight line.Limit around here is 25 per day i think. I can tell i'll have to make a snipe hunting video cause ya'll don't believe me.
No, no, no, you have it all wrong. They're flightless and oddly shaped. Kind of like the kiwi bird, but roughly the size of a basset hound. They are purple in color and their call is somewhat like an asthmatic llama. They're extremely fast, evasive and aggressive when frighted. Oh, and they're venemous enough to bring down a buffalo.

patdbunny wrote:
Yeah!! Snipes!! You're just hunting them wrong, Capt. You take your burlap sack, open it up, say "SNIPE! SNIPE!" and they jump into your sack!
You must have submissive snipes out there in Cali!! Ours are torturous!!
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:43 pm

[quote=Lyzgrace]No, no, no, you have it all wrong. They're flightless and oddly shaped. Kind of like the kiwi bird, but roughly the size of a basset hound. They are purple in color and their call is somewhat like an asthmatic llama. They're extremely fast, evasive and aggressive when frighted. Oh, and they're venemous enough to bring down a buffalo. [/quote]

That exists??
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:47 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
henpecked wrote:
No, no, no, you have it all wrong. They're flightless and oddly shaped. Kind of like the kiwi bird, but roughly the size of a basset hound. They are purple in color and their call is somewhat like an asthmatic llama. They're extremely fast, evasive and aggressive when frighted. Oh, and they're venemous enough to bring down a buffalo.

patdbunny wrote:

Too funny! Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 820986233 Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 1335033401 Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 1384688674 Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 2382822526
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:00 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
patdbunny wrote:
Dunno. We don't have snipes in Cali. This is as reported to me by my husband as to the snipes indigenous to Ohio.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 1335033401 Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 2382822526
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:28 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
henpecked wrote:

patdbunny wrote:

^That's why we NEVER went snipe hunting alone. Well, that combined with the fact that the snipe in Texas and Oklahoma are nocturnal creatures, we girls figured it was far safer to go with your boyfriend. Wink

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:49 pm

VickiNumbers wrote:
^That's why we NEVER went snipe hunting alone. Well, that combined with the fact that the snipe in Texas and Oklahoma are nocturnal creatures, we girls figured it was far safer to go with your boyfriend. Wink
Haha, oh our snipes were nocturnal, too, and our campers followed that same philosophy... which is why, whenever we had a snipe hunt, we had a "Purple Patrol" (because of the colors of the snipes, of course...) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 5:28 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
VickiNumbers wrote:
Haha, oh our snipes were nocturnal, too, and our campers followed that same philosophy... which is why, whenever we had a snipe hunt, we had a "Purple Patrol" (because of the colors of the snipes, of course...) Rolling Eyes
vicki 5280 Laughing

Just remember all of this when you have kids, and don't let them get away with ANYTHING! LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages   Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bottom cage of multi-stacked cages
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2