Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHITE-white people making asian food

Go down 
+5
Margaret
ScooterNScotty
patdbunny
kaeladedah
GlassOnion
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHITE-white people making asian food   WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
Not really, but my problem is more portion that eating "bad food".

Aside from sweets, that is so my problem. I think Americans in general have a hard time figuring out what the proper portion size for something is, and we're all so used to gigantic portions that anything less doesn't seem satisfying. I've been meaning to buy a kitchen scale and start weighing portion sizes, but real estate is costly in my kitchen and I have neither the room nor the outlet for it.

I personally don't use lard, even the word kind of squicks me out. I don't have much of a use for it either, though I have seen a lot of places use it to fry with. I'm generally not a fan of fried foods because, like you said, so much of them are improperly done. Aside from oil that isn't the correct temperature, so many people use old oil, too. The older the oil, the worse it fries and the greasier the food.

Honestly, I've been meaning to try to lose weight. I just don't have the motivation most days to get myself up and dressed to exercise. Then when I feel bad enough about myself to get dressed to exercise, I end up putting it off for one reason or another. I'm hopeful that living with my boyfriend will actually get me more active because he loves to do all kinds of outdoorsy things.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: WHITE-white people making asian food   WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:15 am

I can cook (really good) parmesan chicken, turkey chili loaded with veggies, pancakes(the secret, btw, is buttermilk), potstickers, and stir fry without a recipe but I need instructions for just about everything else. Absolutely hate baking but I will do it. If I have a decent recipe and good ingredients then chances are what I cook turns out okay or better... I want to learn some ratios for cooking/baking things so I'm not so dependant on recipes and can improvise more. I guess I cook pretty healthy most of the time. At least it's fun to cook with veggies because of all their colors and flavors Smile portions are annoying but I've started eating on a smaller plate which actually does help me control my portion sizes so I'm not loading up a big plate like its thanksgiving every night
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: WHITE-white people making asian food   WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:23 am

I'm with PDB,the men are the cooks on my side of the family,I'm a good cook but i'm lucky that Josie enjoys cooking.As far as Asian dishes,stir fry is about it unless susui counts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHITE-white people making asian food   WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 am

I'm fat because I eat my feelings. I have a lot of feelings. Embarassed

I love to cook and bake, and like most southern women, comfort foods are my staples.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: WHITE-white people making asian food   WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:43 am

*jumping in*

I LOOOOOOOVE to cook.

I do it as much as I can for us for dinner. Most of the rest of the day is leftovers for lunch and fruits and veg.

I cook just about any type of food. It's just something I've always loved. I try new things and try to remember to use measuring utensils...but it's just so hard. LOL I make a lot of vegetarian/vegan meals...even though we are neither. LOL I make enchiladas from scratch (including the sauce) and various other things. Usually I make my own pasta sauce and beans.

Eh... I need more time in my day. LOL
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: WHITE-white people making asian food   WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:00 pm

You guys are making me hungry, and I wasn't before I got online. I need a drooling emoticon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHITE-white people making asian food   WHITE-white people making asian food - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WHITE-white people making asian food
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2