Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Visits.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Home Visits. Empty
PostSubject: Home Visits.   Home Visits. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 1:06 pm

Many legitimate avian rescues will want to schedule a home visit before placing one of their needy parrots with you. A home visit allows the rescue to assess what type of home you have, see how you deal with other pets in the home, and it allows the rescue to guage whether their bird is an appopriate fit for your home.

What is a home visit? A home visit is any visit made by the rescue organization to look around your home for any threats, dangers, or problems that may affect how the bird is taken care of. These visits can last anywhere between a couple of minutes and a couple of hours depending on the home.

What happens during a home visit? During a home visit, you can expect a rescue worker to walk through your home and look at your current livin situation. A prepared rescue worker should be able and willing to speak to every individual in the home and assess whether they are prepared for parrot ownership.

Do I need to do anything special? I would highly suggest you not do anything out of the ordinary for a home visit. A rescue worker needs to see how your home is run every day. They need to see how your pets are taken care of every single day. Doing something out of the ordinary to increase your chances of adopting a bird is a bad idea for everyone involved.

How many visits are required? Most rescues ask for a least one visit before they will place a parrot with you. Some rescues also require a follow up surprise visit after you have the parrot to ensure its well being.

When will I be approved? Some rescues will approve you the same day. Other rescues may take a couple of days.

When can I bring new parrot home? Once you are approved, you should be able to bring your parrot home as soon as you have all the necessary supplies. Some rescues will also offer delivery of the parrot which will be a mutually agreeable time.
Back to top Go down

Home Visits.
Page 1 of 1