Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what size cagr for an african grey?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

what size cagr for an african grey? Empty
PostSubject: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:37 pm

I've been looking at cages for the african grey im possibly getting and I wanted to know what size cage you guys recommend for this type of Parrot? I think its a congo african grey. Id like something with a play top
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Hannah's getting a grey, too. There's links to some cages she's considering here:
http://www.parrotparadiseforum.com/t837-bittersweet-news

Depending on how socialized, or not, the grey is you might consider keeping him/her in the current cage when you bring him home so the bird has something familiar for emotional support while it's getting adjusted to its new home. Put the new cage next to the old one and let the grey see it and explore it for a while before changing cages.

So, does this mean there's a high likelihood this is happening?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 9:51 pm

My dad seems to be giving it a lot of thought and I don't see any reason for him to say no I wrote out a list of reasons why I should be aloud to get mikko. But the lady wants extra money for the cage and she already wants so much for the bird Dead
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:06 pm

i realize your heart is with the bird, but sometimes we have to overlook things...this woman is trying to take advantage of you, don't let her do this...offer the 300 hundred for the bird and cage and if need be just take the bird and buy a new cage...tell her the bird may soon die if it doesn't receive help soon and she will be stuck with nothing...wait her out, she won't be able to sell the bird and will call you as a last resort, at least thats what i think...hope this helps...i don't want to see you get taken

dusty
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 pm

I agree with Dusty. You can't save them all. Don't try. You will go crazy.

Also, you don't want to reward and encourage this lady. Really. If you do, she will just do something like this again in the future and make another buck off another poor creature. If you pass on this and $1000 dies on her, she will think twice before taking in another creature. Think future and long term what's best for the masses.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:23 am

Just a suggestion, is there any way to get animal control involved?
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 1:26 am

yah i know what you guys mean im not gonna buy the cage and im gonna offer her the $300 and im pretty sure she'll take it once i explain everything. or at least thats what im hoping. I know i cant save them all and thats what kills me lol.

Zaza i actually called and explained everything to local animal control and they said they cant really do anything but infrom the people if the animal has food, water, and shelter. so idk Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what size cagr for an african grey?   what size cagr for an african grey? Empty

Back to top Go down

what size cagr for an african grey?
Page 1 of 1