Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scooter and Blanco are now friends!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Scooter and Blanco are now friends! Empty
PostSubject: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:32 am

I didn't really plan on it, but Blanco has been singing to Scooter since I moved his cage over to the same wall. A little earlier this evening, I heard more singing and found Scooter wandering around all over Blanco's cage. I waited a little while and watched,but Scooter went back over to his own cage, and I went back to doing other things. Next time I turned around both birds were on the bottom of Blanco's cage eating -- Scooter the fresh food and Blanco the dry mix!

I did take Scooter out at that point, but I'm thinking I don't need to worry too much and that they will make pretty good pals.

Green Cheek Conure and Cockatiel 4 -- too much beak power differential or no? Blanco outweighs Scooter by quite a bit but I'd worry a lot more about Scooter injuring Blanco.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:54 am

What can I say: Chico and Lucky sounds similar to you? Very Happy

Compared Amazon and Cockatiel beak...)
Chico is treated by him like younger sister, he'd rather bite us(human) to protect her. That actually happened, when she was sick!
Don't worry in advance, just watch them carefully. I know it's easy to say Wink

If you will ever see Scooter defending Blanco, you will be happy, and I hope that's gonna happened!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 10:44 pm

However, Scooter and Scotty are NOT friends. Twice I've heard squwaking to turn around and see that Scotty had gotten onto Scooter's cage and they were going at it. I think I'm going to have to do some rearranging. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

My Birds : Tim (Red Wing Parrot)
Prince (Blue Princess Parrot)
Chicken (Pearl Gray Tiel)
Malolo (Cinnamon Pied Tiel)
Aurora (Yellow Sided GCC)
o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

PostSubject: Re: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! EmptyMon May 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Tika and Rory tolerate Mali, altho with push her away a little, no fighting, just wont let her sit on her favourite perch (kinda like the youngest child), but when we had Cheeky we had her in with two Tiels and they all got along famously, the other two were distraught when we lost Cheeky-girl, they used to sleep side by side every night.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 12:15 am

I wouldn't worry about them together. Ducky and the tiels all live together. Conures (I'm sure not all conures, but I'm pretty sure the GCC's) aren't know for being killers. They're very social. If they're getting along right now they should be fine in the long run. My prior jenday was also bff's with a couple of tiels and lived together.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

My Birds : Tim (Red Wing Parrot)
Prince (Blue Princess Parrot)
Chicken (Pearl Gray Tiel)
Malolo (Cinnamon Pied Tiel)
Aurora (Yellow Sided GCC)
o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

PostSubject: Re: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:24 am

I think conures with like sized birds work well, it's when they're with much bigger birds (my aunty's BF Amazon Rolling Eyes) they get all 'little man syndrome'
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! EmptyTue May 29, 2012 8:52 am

CB loves other birds apparently. He's BFFs with Piper and all three sleep together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scooter and Blanco are now friends!   Scooter and Blanco are now friends! Empty

Back to top Go down

Scooter and Blanco are now friends!
Page 1 of 1