Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Einstein Versus the Vet

Go down 
+3
Margaret
patdbunny
zazanomore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Einstein Versus the Vet Empty
PostSubject: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:28 pm

So today me and Einstein had an appointment at our local clinic for his nails to be trimmed. (I don't feel comfortable enough to do it myself).

Thankfully, getting him into the carrier wasn't very difficult. I turned off all the lights, so it was nice and dark, and carefully placed him in it without too much of a fuss.

He was being such a sweet little gentleman on the way there, politely chirping to me. In the Vet's office he walked nicely out of the carrier, and jumped on my shoulder. He didn't start flying around like a crazy bird which I expected.

But, he does not like his nails clipped. I tried holding him for the vet, but he was being way too squirmy. I tried and tried, but eventually he bit me (he has never bitten me before, and it drew a bit of blood).

So the vet had to call in another vet, and we toweled him, and eventually, after a lot of toe moving on his part, we got all his precious talons clipped.

As soon as we got home, Einstein started cuddling, and being extra love-y. Absolutely no resentment.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 pm

What a good little boy!

Yeah! The tiels do squirm A LOT! And then those delicate little legs and toes! I'm always afraid I'm going to hurt them by accident.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Brave Einstein!
I hope Chico will take that lesson (she never been at vets yet) and will be good after visit.
Budgies was there, don't ask how they behave Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 pm

FWIW, since we put in the smooth-topped pedi-perches, one in each birds cage with plenty of other perching options, they've kept their own nails trimmed.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:31 pm

I could never trim my 'tiels nails myself, she'd just fly away or squirm like a crazy thang and get all freaked out. Rainbow is easy to do a quick trim though(thankfully) . how often do you need to get einstein's nails trimmed?
glad to hear he's back to himself, nothing cuter than a cuddly tiel!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:21 am

ScooterNScotty wrote:
FWIW, since we put in the smooth-topped pedi-perches, one in each birds cage with plenty of other perching options, they've kept their own nails trimmed.

I have the same perches. Keeps the budgies nails trimmed, but Einstein is a nail growing machine.
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:40 am

zazanomore wrote:
ScooterNScotty wrote:

I have the same perches. Keeps the budgies nails trimmed, but Einstein is a nail growing machine.
I have the same problem with one of my 'Zons and I put 1 each near the food and water as well as his outside cruise perch. I use the next size up so that his nails strike the sand side better. The name of the perches I use are "Safety Perch" they are hard plastic instead of concrete type and can be scrubbed better than the concrete type.
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Good thing Einstein should be getting his toys soon! He deserves a reward Very Happy

I need a new Concrete perch for Stryder - his nails get like little pins too quickly.

He detests getting his nails done, but he's a trooper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:38 am

crystalsbirdtoys wrote:
Good thing Einstein should be getting his toys soon! He deserves a reward Very Happy

I need a new Concrete perch for Stryder - his nails get like little pins too quickly.

He detests getting his nails done, but he's a trooper.

We actually got them yesterday. They're fantastic! I just have to wait a couple days for them to get used to them, but in no time they should be destroying them!
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:52 am

Wow - that means Canada Post is doing a superb job! I dropped it off at 1:45pm on Wednesday afternoon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Einstein Versus the Vet   Einstein Versus the Vet Empty

Back to top Go down

Einstein Versus the Vet
Page 1 of 1