Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Very Scary Morning- Kid Related

Go down 
+6
atlanon
zazanomore
Margaret
RogerP
VickiNumbers
GlassOnion
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Very Scary Morning- Kid Related Empty
PostSubject: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Around noon today I stopped by my in laws really quickly after I picked Lucas (almost 8 )up from school (half day). My mother in law asked if we could stay a little while so I obliged as she rode the boys around on the golf cart they own. I had Sparrow with me, he loves to ride in the car and be out and about. While she was riding them around I let Sparrow play in the bird bath. My mother in law saw, stopped and was taking pictures. We both had our backs to the golf cart, Lucas was sitting with Keaton(almost 2) on the seat. My legs were touching the golf cart. Lucas came over/around said something about doing something I didn't quite catch what he said so I said "hold on, we are about to leave, sit with your brother."

The golf cart speeds out from behind me and I see Lucas standing up off the ground and KEATON is driving the golf cart FULL SPEED across the yard, across the street and is about to go down a very steep hill (I am running and screaming at the top of my lungs) and at the last second Keaton jerks the wheel and going flying thru the neighbor across the street's fence, flowerbed, and then crashes thru the side of his carport and into his truck. It was slow motion, I am screaming, screaming. As I make it to him he is crying and comes walking out of all the broken glass, rubble, and mess. He is fine. He is perfectly fine. He has a tiny bump on his eyebrow and another on his forehead- just a little red mark really.

Keaton literally walked away without a scratch. I undressed him, checked him over a million times. He is fine. The damage- I can't even wrap my head around it.

When my mother in law parked and got out of the golf cart, she didn't take her keys. She knows Keaton knows how to drive it, he got away from her once when babysitting but Lucas was able to stop him. I cannot believe she left the keys.

I know it was one of those things that just happened, and you guys, it could have been really, really, really bad. If Keaton hadn't of jerked that wheel at the last second he would have flippped and went rolling down a very, very steep hill.

There are no words for how thankful and overwhelmed I am that Keaton is safe. Lucas is fine too- for getting thrown/knocked off as Keaton hauled ass.

Lucas and Keaton's Guardian Angels were with us, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:23 pm

Well I'm happy to hear everyone's safe.I love you It woulda been awful to hear something bad happen to your boy. tragedy
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Holy cow! I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you!!! (And your MIL and kids). I'm sooo glad everyone is OK. Hug Hug2 Roz

Last edited by Vicki5280 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Very scary! Glad they are both okay.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Uf, thank goodness everybody is okay!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:39 pm

Glad he's all right. Kids always have a knack for getting themselves into those situations.

Could of happened to anyone.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:58 pm

Oh, good Lord, Julie I'm SO glad everything is okay. I know when I was in charge of my day-campers I had more than one heart-stopping moment, and they weren't even my kids!!! I can't even imagine those few seconds for you!!! Hope you're recovered okay Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Wow I know you stopped breathing for a while...kids are the only thing that can scare you like that..glad all are ok. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Holy Moley! I'm so glad that turned out as well as it did! Must have taken 10 years off your life!!!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Heart attack city!!!

I hate to say it, but my own mother did some pretty stoopid things. I actually didn't let my own mother babysit unsupervised until my daughter was old enough to look out for herself for the most part.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

My Birds : Im lonely without my Sammy.
On the market for a new FID.

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Im so glad everyone is ok. Little boys are so good at making moms have a heart attack. Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very Scary Morning- Kid Related   Very Scary Morning- Kid Related Empty

Back to top Go down

Very Scary Morning- Kid Related
Page 1 of 1