Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you go to shower with your bird/s?

Go down 
+6
ScooterNScotty
evil chicken
atlanon
zazanomore
kaeladedah
Margaret
10 posters

Yes
Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_lcap11%Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
No
Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_lcap11%Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Sometimes
Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_lcap67%Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
I'm crazy bird lady, of course!
 11% [ 1 ]
Are you nuts, my bird/s can't see me naked!
Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_lcap0%Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I ain't saying...
Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_lcap0%Do you go to shower with your bird/s? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Do you go to shower with your bird/s? Empty
PostSubject: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Do you shower with your bird/s?
Budgies like to splish splash by themselves, like the budgies. They seem sometimes to have their own world Wink And as long as I'm not intruder and give him food, water, millet, they treat me like some weird specie of their flock that they have to be aware of.
Chico is lately following me to bathroom, when I take a shower. She has never joined me(yet), but she's fluffing her wings and I spray her a little bit from the curtain, she seems to enjoy it.

How about your bird/s? Did they go to shower with you?
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Much to my boyfriend's displeasure, Cheney Bird showers with me. The budgies do not. Even when my boyfriend and I are living together, Cheney Bird will still shower with me.

For the record, can I just start calling my boyfriend by his name? LOL. I'm sick of typing "my boyfriend" all the time!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:09 pm

I share the bathroom with my sister, so there's no way I could get a perch out there.

When I move out, I'm buying a shower perch, and letting them come with me.

I'll have to get used to it though. I feel bad for my pets when they watch me change Roz
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Roz Robert right?
Chico follow my bf for the record Raul Wink too. He doesn't mind.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Margaret wrote:
Roz Robert right?

Robert, Bobby, CrittyMonster.. all my boyfriend. I'm just sick of typing "my boyfriend". His name is so much easier!
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:22 pm

KayLayUh wrote:
For the record, can I just start calling my boyfriend by his name? LOL. I'm sick of typing "my boyfriend" all the time!
Yes!! I started saying Nate for the same reason. Plus, I know this is probably not a normal newlywed problem, but I HATE writing "my husband." It makes me feel so old and like all the other newlywed wives on FB that make me want to barf with all their kissy mushy statuses...

zazanomore wrote:
I share the bathroom with my sister, so there's no way I could get a perch out there.
Our shower is this weird "matte" finish, so the suction cup perch we have won't stick on the wall. What I did is go and get some vetrap from CVS and cover part of the shower curtain rod with it and he stays up there happy as a clam! It might not be such a problem for the smaller birds, but I can't just put him on the curtain rod when he's wet, he slips right off Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 pm

Only Sparrow, he loves it!
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 pm

KayLayUh wrote:
Margaret wrote:
Roz Robert right?

Robert, Bobby, CrittyMonster.. all my boyfriend. I'm just sick of typing "my boyfriend". His name is so much easier!
So THAT'S who CrittyMonster is!

I marked "Sometimes". I haven't tried bringing my cockatiels in with me, but Ducky doesn't like the shower... He'll take baths in the sink, but if I make him perch anywhere in the shower he'll get as far away from the water as he can get and sit there with an unamused look. Just yesterday, though, I found out that if I'm actually holding him while in the shower he's fine with it. Maybe I'll get him liking showers yet.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:34 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
KayLayUh wrote:
Yes!! I started saying Nate for the same reason. Plus, I know this is probably not a normal newlywed problem, but I HATE writing "my husband." It makes me feel so old and like all the other newlywed wives on FB that make me want to barf with all their kissy mushy statuses...

I call Bobby my husband if I need to get something done and I'm calling for him. Like the other day, his mom said her neighbors house was filled with disgusting dogs and cats and turtles and it was making the whole block smell. When I called animal control, I told them to call "my husband" and talk to him because his mom didn't want the neighbors to know she complained.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 pm

I say "hubby" to avoid the long thing. I tend to avoid writing Bill just because I'm not sure he'd approve of me talking about him in "public" somehow "my hubby", "my husband", DH, OH, or SO all seem more anonymous. Like if he googled "Bill" he'd find all my posts or something, LOL! And despite being an old wrinkley sort of thing, I'm almost still a newlywed, it will be 4 years in October. I feel funny calling myself a "wife" and even more so Mrs., although I do now sometimes use his last name when referring to us as a couple.

As for the shower thing, I've taken Scooter with me, but he wasn't all that whelmed. Too much water at once, I think. He prefers bathing in the sink.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 pm

Bobby is quite known in some internet circles, so I don't think he really cares that he's out there more. Never really thought about calling myself a Mrs. before.. weird!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 am

As for the shower thing, JJ used to like going into the shower with me until one day she was trying to fly to my shoulder (the ding-dong), missed and went down in the shower spray. She wasn't hurt but it scared her enough that she's not interested in going in the shower with me anymore. Now she prefers to sit on the shower curtain rod while I shower. For HER bath, her majesty prefers the kitchen sink. She has taught me that I must adjust the temperature and flow of the water first, then stand by the sink with my hand 3.5 inches down and 1 inch to the side of the faucet. With the water running at the exact stream and temperature she likes, then she will run down from my shoulder and perch on my finger while she tests the water. Then, if she decides the temperature is to her liking and she decides that she's in the mood, she'll proceed to run back and forth from my finger to my elbow dunking her head, fluffing her feathers, fluttering her wings, shaking, and doing everything else she can possibly do to get 90% of the water on me, the counter, or the floor. She signals bath-time is over by running back up my arm to my shoulder and snuggling her wet self up next to my ear.

All in all it's great fun for me!!

ScooterNScotty wrote:
I say "hubby" to avoid the long thing. I tend to avoid writing Bill just because I'm not sure he'd approve of me talking about him in "public" somehow "my hubby", "my husband", DH, OH, or SO all seem more anonymous. Like if he googled "Bill" he'd find all my posts or something, LOL!

I've been the same way - using "husb" or "hubs" instead of typing it all out. But I just asked him, and he told me it was fine if I typed his name! So, ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce you to
Do you go to shower with your bird/s? ByeBye
Cal and Vicki 5280!

vicki 5280

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:43 am

PHEW! Can I just say Brian now? For any of you geeky geeks out there, my husband runs the largest and supported (by the actors) website for Quantum Leap. He is well known as "Al's Place Bartender".
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Roz RogerP vicki 5280

My e-stomach hurts.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:21 pm

My real stomach is starting to hurt!
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Cockatiel

My Birds : Captain Jack Parrot: Green-cheeked Conure

Cheeky/Sir Cheeks - Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Jack isn't overly thrilled with the idea of bath-time. He prefers to bathe in his waterbowl and get EVERYTHING around his cage soaked. Every day when I was home, I'd take him into the bathroom and have to climb into the tub, and close the curtains before I could hose him down with his avian rain spray (Hes a plucker). otherwise he'd freak out and fly circles around my head.

Same goes for bathing him. I have a mist setting on the shower head. He HATES it. When I can actually make him hold still for it, he just sits there and glares daggers at me.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

Jake goes bonkers if she sees me get a towel from the closet.If the sun is shining somewhere it's a good time for a shower.She has a perch with the suction cups on it and i place it about head high where the shower splashes off me on to her,she loves it.She'd stay in til the water ran out if i'd let her,but momma Josie gives me hell if i bring her back soaked to the bone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you go to shower with your bird/s?   Do you go to shower with your bird/s? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1