Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst thing your bird has destroyed.

Go down 
+6
MandaDPanda
patdbunny
evil chicken
atlanon
GlassOnion
kaeladedah
10 posters
AuthorMessage
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Worst thing your bird has destroyed. Empty
PostSubject: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Cheney Bird was sitting in my hair hanging out when all of a sudden I hear the crunch of plastic. Lo and behold, he took a chunk out of my glasses!!! :x He's never decided to chew on them before!

What is the worst thing your bird has destroyed or nearly destroyed?
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Nothing..... Spice sits on the windowsill and wrestles with the strings from the blinds. That's it.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:54 pm

My dad's one gripe with birds is their taste for woodwork. He can make pretty much anything out of wood. You might say it's a passion of his :suspect:

So you can imagine how happy he was when my mom's CAG was left unattended in the living room and gnawed on an antique handcarved deskclock that was waaaaayyy up on top of a worthless wooden china cabinet that was put there specifically to deter him from chewing on molding and doorjams. Luckily it was the back edge, but it was still pretty roughed up. If nothing else, that experience convinced me there's nothing that could break up my parent's marriage... cause that definitely would have been it... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:12 pm

My parent's cockatoo once chewed up the entire wooden stair banister, so I feel lucky that this was just a knick out of my glasses. But still, I didn't even see him coming!
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Mine haven't destroyed anything that bad yet.
The worst would have to be that Ducky bit off my nail once. I was sitting there reading a book and Ducky was climbing happily from arm to arm (he's more of a monkey than a bird sometimes) and finally he stops on my hand, and when I look up a few minutes later my thumb nail is chewed off! It was only down to where the bed of the nail started, so that's why I didn't feel it at all.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Our old goffin bit my brother's glasses in half in one bite, bit the nose piece.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:21 pm

My quaker plucks the keys off of my keyboard. The jenday used to pluck stones out of my jewelry. Oh, the quaker also snaps chains of my necklaces.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:22 pm

patdbunny wrote:
Our old goffin bit my brother's glasses in half in one bite, bit the nose piece.

Shocked I guess I should feel lucky, then.

But I swear.. by the end of the day, he's going to learn to say "do I need to kill you today!?" I've been saying it to him so much.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Quote :
"do I need to kill you today!?"
That goffin was my dysfunctional relationship. Luckily toos think you're playing with them when you grab them by the neck and want to choke them out. She'd relax in my hand and look so cute. It was very hard to stay mad at her.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:03 pm

When he was little, he was hanging out in my bathroom when I was getting ready and I had a shell necklace from Hawaii as part of the decor. I was in the attached closet and heard a crunching noise. He wasn't eating the necklace, he was going down the line of shells crunching them all. I'm pretty lucky he hasn't stripped anything else...
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:42 pm

my social life...seriously! All conversations end up with me talking about birds.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:43 pm

zazanomore wrote:
my social life...seriously! All conversations end up with me talking about birds.

This. Birds or my other animals...or my department at church...
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:54 pm

I even talk about my birds with my therapist. Show her videos, too!
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:48 pm

Rosco has bent the venetian blinds in the bird room and chewed a bit of the moulding on the window sill.

Merlin has destroyed a few remotes, taken keys out of keyboards, and nibbled on our couch corner.

Oops!

Stryder is perfect and hasn't destroyed anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:31 am

The worse thing? My face...
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Budgies destroyed only their toys, but Chico managed to make a whole in my home shoes. Like a puppy dog Roz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst thing your bird has destroyed.   Worst thing your bird has destroyed. Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst thing your bird has destroyed.
Page 1 of 1