Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

don't steal a kiss from an amazon

Go down 
+9
evil chicken
moa
patdbunny
henpecked
Margaret
ScooterNScotty
zazanomore
Vikki
dusty
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:56 pm

That's it, I'm stealing Jake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Jake KILLS me!
Back to top Go down
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

My Birds : Tim (Red Wing Parrot)
Prince (Blue Princess Parrot)
Chicken (Pearl Gray Tiel)
Malolo (Cinnamon Pied Tiel)
Aurora (Yellow Sided GCC)
o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:39 am

can I ask why she's named Jake? did you think she was a boy? I reckon you should put a y in it (Jayke), then it'd be more feminine. And wow she loves you!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Hey Tiki,the story behind Jake (Jakiepoo,Poo,etc) i took her out of a nest in Nicaragua in 1970 when i was 14 yrs old,and touring around on a banana boat out of Blue Field Nicaragua, we'd stopped in some Indian Village that i can't recall and saw some parrots for sale in the local market ,the birds were older than i wanted and told them i wanted a baby.I asked where the nest was and a young kid showed me,sure enough the parents were feeding young (you could hear them begging),I tried to climb the tree but failed and suffered many Tree Ant bites (more like bee stings)and finally paid the kid a few pesos to climb the tree and get me the youngest baby(approx 3 wk old) .I feed her cream of wheat ceral mixed with fresh fruit (banana mostly) and some how she survived.Of coarse i thought i knew about everything about amazons because my family had always had them and just knew she was a male ,so i named her Jake. When she was about 11 or 12 and i was living in the states my then GF thought it was cute to rub Jake and stimulate her when jake was being hormonal.Of course by then i knew jake was a girl but she ended up laying an egg and it was for sure.This was before it was common practice to do DNA or lapriscopic surgeries to determine sex.Anyway i decided it was too late to change the name and Jake just stuck with her.She about 41 yrs old now and it's too late to change.The picture in my avatar is of Juanita another YN that belonged to my mother,that picture was taken in Honduras when i was about 3 yrs old (late 1959),yeah that's me.LOL
Back to top Go down
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

My Birds : Tim (Red Wing Parrot)
Prince (Blue Princess Parrot)
Chicken (Pearl Gray Tiel)
Malolo (Cinnamon Pied Tiel)
Aurora (Yellow Sided GCC)
o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:15 am

You know what I learnt from that Henpecked?? You are SO much older than I thought!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:22 am

Ha Ha , just thought i'd fill you in ,I don't tell that story very often,and jake has been with me awhile. LOL
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 4:06 pm

My motto is: you're only young once, but you can be immature forever! don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 820986233
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 2:58 pm

Christmas Eve we tried some things with Lucky. Following what I have read, the #1 person should punish or at least tell to bird what to do/not do to #2 person.

Everything gone perfect with step up, I even could pet Lucky, but we gone to far in "training". I tried to kiss him, and this was too much for Lucky. I have gorgeous lips right now Singing

Anyway, I'm glad for training session. We'll be repeating it for sure, but for a while w/o kisses Roz
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 4:52 pm

oh margaret it hurts doesn't it...that sure brings back memories and makes me cringe...i hope your lips get better soon

dusty
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks Dusty,

Pain is not that bad, I've been worse in my life, but I'm gonna have full week of customers asking me what happened. I hope everybody believe, when I'll tell the truth...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: don't steal a kiss from an amazon   don't steal a kiss from an amazon - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

don't steal a kiss from an amazon
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2