Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which pets are you not a fan of?

Go down 
+10
evil chicken
zazanomore
crystalsbirdtoys
ScooterNScotty
henpecked
dusty
RogerP
patdbunny
moa
GlassOnion
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:27 pm

I agree. And there's the cute factor. kind of like when you get bit by a cockatoo. You think awww, how sweet and cuddly and then they mutilate your finger and you want to strangle them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 1:06 pm

I don't mind tarantulas...but cockroaches of ANY kind skeeve me OUT! And...PEOPLE KEEP THEM! Ack!

I love turtles, fish, tortoises, lizards of any sort. Can't stand yappy dogs though. If you are a small dog and you sound like a dog, ok. If you are a small squeaky toy of a dog, punting comes to mind. Just saying. I would never kick a dog, I just don't do small squeakers. Love cats to the end of the earth and most dogs, especially big dogs.

Don't like finches or diamond doves. Weird, I know. Not a big fan of piggies, but I wouldn't be averse to having one around, I hear they're ticklish and fun to tickle Wink
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:18 pm

MandaDPanda wrote:
...but cockroaches of ANY kind skeeve me OUT!

I'm with you there. Only thing that can reduce me to shrieks and tears. Grew up in FL with a mother who didn't like pesticides and wasn't much of a housecleaner. Never really got over it! For years I scrubbed kitchens obsessively and kept any open food in a sealed container or ziploc bag, including stuff like boxes of crackers.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:30 pm

The palmetto bug traumatizes me...one of my friends while growing up had a grandma that lived in Jacksonville Florida. She was a sweet older lady from Puerto Rico. She did clean, she just didn't use pesticides or anything more than hot water really. It was...interesting. We slept at her Aunts house...which was not a haven for the largest bugs EVER.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Yeah. Nothing like taking an early morning shower, grabbing the towel off the bar and getting a 3" surprise... I used to have nightmares about cleaning my closet! Once I vacuumed one up from under the baseboard and I dreamt that a Kafkaesque 6' palmetto bug was chasing me down the hall, and my father was chasing it with a vacuum and a can of bug spray. Every time he sprayed it it got a little bigger... I slept with the lights on most of the time when I visited my folks as an adult --or stayed in a hotel. Even then you might get the odd wanderer, but not as a rule. more as an exception.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Everything except snakes, spiders and cockroaches will be fine!
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 pm

spider monkeys they are mean period. Terrified of cows... I KNOW.... don't do horses either not really scared of spiders but they like me too much and i suffer bites often. not fond of bugs though not adverse to bug spray LOL had lots of different animals growing up and won't repeat a bunch of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which pets are you not a fan of?   Which pets are you not a fan of? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which pets are you not a fan of?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2