Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not sure where to put this

Go down 
+15
o'TikaandAurora
evil chicken
wyspur
Margaret
crystalsbirdtoys
Vikki
GlassOnion
ScooterNScotty
zazanomore
kaeladedah
patdbunny
RogerP
hannahbird
dusty
VickiNumbers
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

Not sure where to put this - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:05 am

It's a shame you don't live closer to me. We have the sweetest GCC (named Jaws, LOL) who would be perfect for you and she's looking for a good home. Very talkative and playful, loves to give kisses.

But you do what you need to do to get through this. I am sure you will find the perfect new friend to help you along. Safe journeys to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:13 am

I hope y'all don't think I'm crazy... Cause even though I am, I really hate that you know the truth about me!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:15 am

We're all crazy, why do you think we're here?!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:25 am

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but you'll expect the new guy to be J.J. for a while. When No Name died and I brought Piper home, I was happy to have a friend for Pigpen again, but I had a hard time bonding with him. It was probably a good month -- and knowing what happened to cause his death and going on a one woman crusade against PetCo -- before I could actually handle him without thinking "he's not No Name."

I still miss No Name and have continued my crusade against the local PetCo, but the void isn't as immense as it was. And I'm now able to bond with Piper.
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry Vicki! I know how hard it is too... I hope the yellow-sided clicks with you. Crying or Very sad Not sure where to put this - Page 2 2271525164
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Kaela, thanks for telling me that. Those are the things I want to know about so I can be prepared for them. If anybody else has any experiences to share, please do. Y'all are my parrot family... Yeah, I seem to rush off and do my own thing, but I really do listen to you more than you'd think. Y'all help me stay grounded and I really need that right now.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Vikki wrote:
We're all crazy, why do you think we're here?!

both of me have to agree with you...bahahaha

dusty
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:43 pm

The one thing I want to say is.... Are you SURE you want to add another bird right NOW?

I know the shock is taking over everything and you feel this empty void that must be filled... but this decision could likely be a reactive impulse due to the trauma. I would personally suggest you step back and wait a few months until the shake wears off and you can hold a rational discussion with yourself on what it is that you REALLY want.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:52 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
The one thing I want to say is.... Are you SURE you want to add another bird right NOW?

I know the shock is taking over everything and you feel this empty void that must be filled... but this decision could likely be a reactive impulse due to the trauma. I would personally suggest you step back and wait a few months until the shake wears off and you can hold a rational discussion with yourself on what it is that you REALLY want.

for some this is a good idea, for others like myself i would not wait, i believe in love at first sight

dusty
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Is there SERIOUSLY not a McDonalds in Vail? That's the only place I can go to the bathroom when I'm traveling!

GO, I understand your concern. I do. Really. I'd be saying the same thing to someone else... But I'll be getting a new bird soon. The impulsive decision would be for be to just buy ANY bird, even if it's the *wrong* bird. I'm struggling hard to NOT do that. I told Karen I'd get the BCC, even though I wasn't 100% on those because they were what was available. There was also a Sene, a Red Bellied, and some kind of Black Pionus- and of course, the man-eating GCC. None of them drew me. I know I have to Have a *spark*. Y'all know how I am with my electrical currents. Ha ha. but if I tried to wait a month before even looking, I'd die inside.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 4:49 pm

I know what you mean by that *SpArk~* Good luck, and keep us posted! Wink
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:15 pm

I think everyone handles grief differently. For me when my lovebird died, it took me 4 years to get another bird. And Im still paranoid that Im going to go uncover Zada's cage and she will be gone..
Good luck and I hope you find a spark with a litte baby! Hug
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:17 pm

She will be gone... there's at least 6 people on here who are secretly plotting her kidnapping... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:21 pm

Vikki wrote:
She will be gone... there's at least 6 people on here who are secretly plotting her kidnapping... Twisted Evil

Lyzgrace * barricades house* YOU GUYS WILL NEVER SUCCEED!
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:26 pm

hey, I went through this when I first joined and everyone was plotting the disappearance of mine...its your turn. LOL
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Vikki wrote:
hey, I went through this when I first joined and everyone was plotting the disappearance of mine...its your turn. LOL
Haha oh yay! Well I will be sleeping with one eye open Ninja
Back to top Go down
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

My Birds : Tim (Red Wing Parrot)
Prince (Blue Princess Parrot)
Chicken (Pearl Gray Tiel)
Malolo (Cinnamon Pied Tiel)
Aurora (Yellow Sided GCC)
o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:34 pm

I can feel your pain Sad we lost ourfirst gcc the exact same way. OH was sleeping on the couch (he wasn't inthe doghouse, just came home late) and Cheeky-girl escaped her cage in the morning and went hunting for a morning cuddle. When he woke up he went to find her in her house and she was gone. Had a look around and found her down the back of the couch, dripping with sweat and limp. We think she went looking for a corner to climb into like she loved to do and overheated. Sad she was the most wonderful little girl, we both bonded with her instantly when we met her at the shop, I picked her up and she climbed into my hair and wouldn't come out!! Such a cutie, what I'd give to have her back.

Best of luck with your new baby. I think even if you waited a few months before getting a new bird you'd still find yourself trying to replace JJ. That's what we found when we got Rory and Tika, we waited six months and still took us till we'd had them for 3-4 months to realize that they weren't gonna be our cheeky and we needed to learn to love them as they were. As it is we have one cuddle bug and one clown (who's been sporting a fake limp lately and it just makes him all the more funnier).
Back to top Go down
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:35 pm

This second one was for free Smile
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Sorry Miss Vicky, I know how you must feel. I just got online and caught up.If your visiting breeders come visit me and Josie and the flock.PM or call anytime,We're thinking of you.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Meet "Definately not JJ!"

This baby is nothing like her, in personality OR looks, but she snuggled up to me like I was her long lost Grandma. I think we'll get along JUST fine.

Not sure where to put this - Page 2 136cb3d4

(do y'all see a picture there? I added an img link, but don't see the pic on my phone if somebody will pm me their phone number, I'll txt the pic so they can post it for me somewhere.)

Last edited by VickiNumbers on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:55 pm

VickiNumbers wrote:
Meet "Definately not JJ!"

This baby is nothing like her, in personality OR looks, but she snuggled up to me like I was her long lost Grandma. I think we'll get along JUST fine.

Not sure where to put this - Page 2 136cb3d4

Yes I love you Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Aw... She looks and sounds like a sweetheart!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:07 pm

There you go,, that's a pretty baby!!! She's young enough to have you completely trained to no time.
Back to top Go down
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 pm

She gorgeous! I'm a little biased about ys gcc tho Smile wait till she matures and colours up, rory continually amazes me with his colouring. He'll put his wings up and I'll realize he's gotten even brighter under his wings!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:45 pm

I thought her clutch mate was actually prettier that this one (I'm having him/her sexed), but I really clicked with this baby- not so much with the other one. I really tried* to spark with the pretty one, but it just wasn't to be. So I took who I was meant to belong to and away I go. I really don't get my bird for decoration anyway, I'm looking for a sweet little love to hang around and cause trouble for the next 20 years. Wink

Now... If the little squirt will just tell me it's name!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure where to put this   Not sure where to put this - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Not sure where to put this
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: