Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room Empty
PostSubject: Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room   Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:44 am

I know it hasn't been a whole month since I brought home Madoc. But, I was really starting to feel bad for her. I mean, she could hear the other birds, and she was desperate for feathered companionship. So, I moved her cage into the bird room in the beginning of the week.

The budgies really didn't know what to think of her. But, she started following them around like a little puppy dog. At first, they were kind of mean to her. They were nipping at her, and showing signs of aggression. I figured that would be normal. I started monitoring all interactions.

I find that they are really accepting her into the flock. She has attached herself to Clyde, and follows him around everywhere. They have started playing together, flying around together, and are eating together without fighting.

I've even started letting them out without being in the room to watch. And so far, there have been no fights.

Now, Madoc may not be as close to me as she was when there was just the two of us, but she isn't fearful of me. Though she is still cage shy.

I've also started putting her into the budgies cage with them for a couple hours at a time. Just to see how they react to it. And so far, so good. Hopefully I'll be able to permanently move her with them in the next couple of weeks.

Also, lately, all the birds have taken to wanting to perch on my head. I have yet to get a picture of it, but all four of them will sit and preen my hair at once. It's quite the experience.

I've taken lot's of videos and pictures, but I haven't uploaded any yet. So once I get around to doing it, I'll share them Smile
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room   Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm happy for you and all your flock, that things are going that way Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room 4014162036
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room   Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Glad to hear everything is going well! Madoc seems to be fitting in nicely!

Arthur's exile ended this week as well. He and Merlin are not the best of friends as yet, more like warring factions, but they need some time to sort out the pecking order (I made a funny Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room 820986233 !)

Arthur is still pretty cage aggressive but there has been some improvement. Today he actually stepped off his cage onto the couch, on his own, for a whole 15 seconds! Then promptly climbed back onto his cage. Still, small steps, small victories.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room   Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 11:33 pm

Oooh! flappinhappy
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room   Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:08 pm

Last night I had all the birds out. I didn't have the lights on in the bird room, and after a while, the budgies started settling down. Einstein was cuddling me, but when I figured it was bed time, I brought him into the room.

I was pleasantly surprised by all three budgies cuddled together inside the budgie cage, sleeping like little angels. I figured I wouldn't disturb them, and put Einstein to bed and leave everyone be.

In the morning, everyone was chipper and fine as can be.

Today I left for work around 1:30, and got back at 8:00. Again, I left them in the cage, and everyone was happy.

Madoc even came to my bed with me and wanted to be cuddled.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room   Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room Empty

Back to top Go down

Madoc is Offically in the Bird Room
Page 1 of 1