Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)

Go down 
+7
flappinhappy
henpecked
moa
Margaret
patdbunny
atlanon
GlassOnion
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 pm

5' 3.5" to be exact!
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 pm

5'2" here!!! I just think short people and birds are cute together Very Happy

I follow this blog...

http://jamiesparrothelp.wordpress.com/

And love that girl... she's great with her birds, first of all, and she's just so freakin' tiny and adorable!! She and her husband are circus performers with their parrots and she's who got me obsessed with Galahs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 pm

She's the girl from birdtricks.com
I never really cared much about what she had to say because several people told me birdtricks.com sucks and is a waste of money.Razz
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
I never really cared much about what she had to say because several people told me birdtricks.com sucks and is a waste of money.Razz

Yeah, I can't stand birdtricks.com. I think it's her brother-in-law? Her husband is Dave Womach and the birdtricks.com guy is Chet Womach and Chet is incredibly irritating. I just follow Jamie's blog and look at HER youtube videos. The other guy's are dumb.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Rosies are adorable for sure and sound like awesome birds... But honestly, I think I want a SUPER intelligent bird for a big bird- Rosies are considered the dumbest of the 'toos. Rolling Eyes

Capt and Josie, curious...... Do Amazons like to roll around on the floor and play with you?
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Mine would ,i haven't tried it but she's pretty amazing, it might take a little time but she like to play rough.So i think she would.I have not seen the video though, but i think i know what you mean.To be sure an immature would play like that , hell they roll and tumble all over the cage and the floor.Hangin off the top by one foot fighting each other(or playing ,Mock fights)Their feathers always look broke and worn.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:03 am

Okay, I goggled info about Amazons, watch some YT, check my "Parrots Encyclopedia" and that's for you all Paradise Users:

and that's for GlassOnion:

Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:29 am

LyzGrace wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:

Yeah, I can't stand birdtricks.com. I think it's her brother-in-law? Her husband is Dave Womach and the birdtricks.com guy is Chet Womach and Chet is incredibly irritating. I just follow Jamie's blog and look at HER youtube videos. The other guy's are dumb.

I can't stand her. She works in a circus as an elephant rider. Elephants deserve to be in the wild, not in some stupid show...

Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Thanks for the vids, Margaret Smile

I wasn't aware of the Elephant riding deal.........
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm not trying to upset people or step on any toes, but I've ridden horses my whole life. And everyone on this forum keeps a bird in a cage. Not that all things are comparable, just something to think about.

Kaylayuh
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 6:09 pm

zazanomore wrote:
I can't stand her. She works in a circus as an elephant rider. Elephants deserve to be in the wild, not in some stupid show...

Many people say the same exact thing about our loved companion birds. Just saying.

Roz...find me an Amazon breeder up here in Fresno! Smile
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Just get it shipped from Josie and Richard!
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:25 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
now that is a very sensible answer Wink
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:07 pm

flappinhappy wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:

Oh you have no idea how I'd LOVE to have one of your babies! Smile You'd be all across the continent! Smile
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:09 pm

MandaDPanda wrote:
flappinhappy wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:

Oh you have no idea how I'd LOVE to have one of your babies! Smile You'd be all across the continent! Smile

Of course, you'd know better if they put up PICTURES, right?? Wink Wink Make Photo
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 11:16 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
Of course, you'd know better if they put up PICTURES, right?? Wink Wink Make Photo

She speaks the truth. Pictures!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:04 am

Richard - When's the next time you'll be in Arizona? MandaDPanda - The drive to AZ to meet up w/ Richard's not so bad.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:11 am

I'm SO jealous!!!!!! I want one of their bb's.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:12 am

Hey Ladies , Just a reminder when you ask these questions about amazons ,realize that we are giving the best answer BUT they're are exceptions to all of the rules. You would think all zons love a shower but we have longtime pair and the hens just goes crazy over a shower and the male just stands there with a disgusted look, water dripping off is beak .is it over yet? There seems to be more gray area than Black or white.Zons come in all sorts of crazy packages and just don't know what they might blossom into.It kills me to read peoples post and they list all of the traits of their pet zon . Ask some one with a bunch of zons and their list is shorter.It's hard to list absolutes. I do think that you can mold them some what , and that's got to be a big plus.Just my 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:16 am

hey Roz,
Richard - When's the next time you'll be in Arizona? MandaDPanda - The drive to AZ to meet up w/ Richard's not so bad.
Maybe for a wek or two this fall, but fir sure next mar/apr. Should talk Josie into flying out. I think Roz is about 6 hrs from there.
I might also go to Golden Colo again this fall also,(i need to work alot this fall)Hey if you want to come out to Az i'm renting a real nice 2 bedroom next spring.Ya'll are welcome to crash there.I'll take you to go see the crazy bird lady flappinhappy

Last edited by henpecked on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:20 am

Whoever meets who, take a lotta photos and a lotta videos of those zons. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 6:48 am

Regarding pictures...my ages old Kodak camera has a broken battery door and it takes some juggling to hold the door closed turn it on and get a pic. I did try this yesterday, and while juggling Sidney flew up the side of the cage into the box and I just got the nest box door closed in time to save my nose....I love you guys but not sure I love you a whole nose worth. Going to try to figure a better way to keep the battery door closed and will see if I can make a better run at it today.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 7:00 am

flappinhappy wrote:
Regarding pictures...(...)I love you guys but not sure I love you a whole nose worth.(...)
We will wait for pics, it's gonna be more exited Baby Chick
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:25 pm

How is your Amazon searching/decision going? Onion MandaDPanda
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:28 pm

^ Roz

I still want one, but I'm scared of the noise! One day.. Smile In the meantime, I'm gonna egg you all to get one so I can live through it via you guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)   Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Amazon personality? (calling Josie & Richard)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next