Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Found myself here as well!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tim west
Budgerigar

My Birds : Bill, Yellow Crowned Amazon
9 Lovebirds

Found myself here as well! Empty
PostSubject: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:17 pm

Is there an aviary section? Ive just cleard a bit of room , about 5m x 3m, going to need some advice!
Back to top Go down
http://www.turfsales.co.uk
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Glad you've joined us!

Aviaries could go right in with housing. I'd love to see whatever ideas you have.
Back to top Go down
Tim west
Budgerigar

9 Lovebirds

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:42 pm

what was with the big move?
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm

There was a thread that turned particularly heated which resulted in some insults being thrown around. The initial thread was created by coral about her feeding schedule. From there is turned into a debate about food management versus free feeding. Normally this would've been okay, but the forum owner decided it was acceptable to call numerous people stupid, lazy, and abusive to their parrots.

It was brought up again by capt in another thread because he was having problems accessing the forum. Again, the forum owner was keen to tell us that our feelings about being told we're stupid, etc. were illegitimate. Some ridiculous poem was posted causing even more hurt feelings and a couple people decided to leave.

Instead of losing contact with people that I really like and who offer great advice, I quickly put this place together so we'd have somewhere to go. If you see anyone we've forgotten to invite, please feel free to do so. We'd love to have more people here.
Back to top Go down
Tim west
Budgerigar

9 Lovebirds

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:52 pm

Sounds Like a good job done then, well done. I did notice the forum owner was starting to think he was God!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 12:57 pm

Normally I don't get so annoyed with people like that, but I think accusing people of being abusive toward their pet is a bit overboard. While I don't clip my bird's wings, I hardly think it's the worst thing in the world to have them clipped and I absolutely don't think it's abusive.

I'm hoping this forum because a literal safe space for all types of parrot related topics, including breeding. It seems over there breeders were attacked when the topic was brought up.

If you have any suggestions, please let one of the moderators/admin's know. Right now, it's Margaret, Vikki, or myself doing the admin work.
Back to top Go down
Tim west
Budgerigar

9 Lovebirds

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:08 pm

I will do.
I clip Bills wings due to the fact he is with me from when we wake up until he passes out, so unclipped would be a bit risky, tried a harness but it just freaked him out , so yeah, dont like clipping but it has worked out much better for Bill.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:11 pm

I can understand that. My guys are fully flighted or in the process of growing in their flights. Some days it's very trying, but ultimately it works for us.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 1:51 pm

Hey Tim ,glad you and Bill found us.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Tim!

Clipping - we make the decision that we feel is best for our birds given our circumstances. I feel during the time it takes to train a freaked out bird into a harness, the bird is losing out on bonding and other experiences with its human. Not saying don't train a bird to a harness; saying if it's flighted and you can't do anything with it for the x number of months while you're training it, it's enjoyable time lost for both human and bird.

Aviaries - Ask away. I'm not an expert, but I've had a few over the years. Converted car port w/ various finches and softbills to small hookbills. Just don't ask me about plants. I have a black thumb. I had to deck my aviaries out w/ silk plants. Wiped out all my local thrift stores of them.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi Tim, glad you're here. Where is the avatar of the gorgeous Bill?

Edit:
Your topic is now in Care Section In Birds Aviary Wink I thought I'll make it separate to make sure people building aviaries can find it out from index page of forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Found myself here as well!   Found myself here as well! Empty

Back to top Go down

Found myself here as well!
Page 1 of 1