Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

parrots at my school

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

parrots at my school Empty
PostSubject: parrots at my school   parrots at my school EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:39 pm

so im in an animal care program at my highschool that prepares us for what we will being doing in college, or if we want to go straight to grooming, pet shop, doggy day care. so when i graduate ill have my grooming certifacte or whatever and certificated in animal cpr. we get to train in animal health, doggy day care, grooming, the barn, and pet shop. so i was in pet shop and the parrots just got back from another students house because we take the animals home over break. we have 9 budgies, a maximillion pionus, and a green quaker parrot. the quaker is named billy shes mean and bites everyone and i feel like she could be nice if someone worked with her but i dont have the time with all of my assignments. then theres max the maximillion pionus and shes scared and hides from everyone. they bonded to the students over break and like the teachers. max is stressed i think and im pretty sure billy is just cage territorial. they seem like good birds and i cant wait til im in pet shop so i get the chance to work with them. Smile just thought id tell you a little bit about my school lol!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: parrots at my school   parrots at my school EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Pretty cool you get to work with the birds. Wish more people where exposed to birds and their care. So what you going to do, go to Alburn and get a vet degree?
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: parrots at my school   parrots at my school EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 pm

yah im really happy i made the choice to go to this school! i just thought it was weird that since a couple of my teachers are vet techs and they have the 2 parrots on a mostly seed and nut based diet with a little bit of pellets no fresh stuff even though other animals get fresh foods. ill try to talk to them about the diet but honestly the teacher in charge of pet shop is kinda mean parrots at my school 2277367267 im not sure what Alburn college is but i wanna go to ohio state because ive heard their vetrinarian program is one of the best! is Alburn specifaclly for birds? or is it just a good college? and ive got 2 years to decide since im a Jr in highschool but the more i know about colleges the better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: parrots at my school   parrots at my school EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:46 pm

Not all vets are specialized in avian care. You should totally give them a lesson on parrot care.
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: parrots at my school   parrots at my school EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:55 pm

honestly i want to but shes mean so im gonna try to talk to her about it
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: parrots at my school   parrots at my school EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 pm

If you want to pursue avian, you might seriously consider Texas A&M:
http://vetmed.tamu.edu/schubot
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: parrots at my school   parrots at my school EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 12:16 am

ill have to look into that! its just so hard cuz its so far away from home Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: parrots at my school   parrots at my school Empty

Back to top Go down

parrots at my school
Page 1 of 1